Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
madnessracing said:
thanks hahaha i just made your rep higher..:wink:

Cool, ta Madness , a buddy of mine has an older R1 and he runs a Shinko on the rear, its very square in profile but he manages round corners quite well and he gets 5,000 miles on the darned things !!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have to go with FAF Shinko's they have 2 types of tire design but one of them has 2 different types of compunds look into it a LOT of street dragracers around here use them like hot ckaes going out of style and they are cheap and last along time

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Pirelli Supercorsa 180/55/17 SC2 is what I run. It is lighter than the shinko and hooks with way more air in it. It's also good for the turns.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GETNASTY said:
Shinko u-soft best for the money..................
:+1: That is true unless you get a scuff.

Are you going to run the shinko on your SS bike?

·
Registered
620 Posts
shinko R003 Ultra soft

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I have the 180 pp and it hooks good with more pressure in it. I have had my best mph and et with it to date.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Ditto on the supercorsa like RR said, lighter, you can run more air in them for less rolling resistance and still hit the turns. Ive ran the shinko 003 stealth also, pretty good tire. It's a toss up bewteen the supercorsa's and the shinko's.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
I have a buddy with a Turbo Busa and he couldn't get traction til he swapped over to the Pilot Power. Also like RR said the road course race tires in the medium to soft compound seem good aswell. I think with the Shinko you will loose the street ridability with the flatter profile.

Tread

·
Registered
339 Posts
i guess it depends on how serious you are in drag racing. you want the cheaper heavier tire or the expensive light one. knowing that every once is equal to 24lbs centrifical force @ 100mph I choose the lighter tire

1 - 20 of 36 Posts