Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
theres a million threads on this but you can do a couple things. revalve the stock one. or buy w/e you like. i got the new ohlins

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
I had a scotts on my 05 and it was great. Prob. just revalve my stock ohlins with new fluid though since it came with it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
what do you thinks about the scoots damper

It's Scotts not scoots. Best has to be qualified for what type of use. Then Opinions run the gamut, so to find anything out you have to use different types and feel them.

And,to muddy the waters further, there are riders that will go their entire life, and not see a need for a damper, so they will have their opinion. Others will think Dampers cover up a problem that needs fixing.

It's a freakin mine field out there.

I think Scotts is the best, screw the rest :crackup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
GPR V4 is very hard to beat; Nice big dial to adjust on the fly and I prefer the rotary dial rather than the plunger type for a number of reasons.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
scotts is good but not worth the 500+ bucks, and you can buy a brand new ohlins for 330 shipped.... which still does the same thing, dampen the steering

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Send the stocker to Dan Kyle
What I did and have been happy with it. Works just as good as my GPR that was on my 636.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had GPR on 05 R6 and Scotts on 07 750. No noticeable difference between the two. Probably going to send my stocker, off my 08, to Dan Kyle. I'd rather gamble with the $90 or so, first, before I drop 3 hundy + on a street bike.

·
Registered
272 Posts
+1 on the Kyle Racign revalve. $100 and 24 hour turnaround. Works perfectly as it was designed before the Kawasaki Lawyers got involved.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts