Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back for R&R from my deployment and took the bike out for a ride. When I came back, I noticed that I was missing 2 teeth from my Driven aluminum rear sprocket. I am going to order a steel one now. I was looking at the Drive Systems. They have two, a lightweight steel one and their new X2. Anyone have any experience with them?

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I have a Stealth and have nothing but great things to say about them. I know its not what you asked but I was just trying to give you a third option. It has not shown any wear whatsoever and I've gone quite a few miles on it.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I have a Drive steel rear and it's holding up great. They are supposed to be the same as AFAM just a different color.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just ordered a Superlite steel from Mary at Superbike... haven't put it on yet but sure was a great price and it looks pretty cool to boot. I have to imagine it will hold up fine due to the fact that it is steel.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I have a Stealth and have nothing but great things to say about them. I know its not what you asked but I was just trying to give you a third option. It has not shown any wear whatsoever and I've gone quite a few miles on it.
+1. I have about 7k miles on my Stealth rear sprocket. It is considered a steel sprocket since the teeth are steel. It has an aluminum center section with tool hardened steel teeth section so it's lighter than all other steel sprockets on the market.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Been running driven and thrust co. front and rear sprockets for a while now.....never had any issues BUT i think when it comes to the steel rears......it boils down to your personal preference and the look you want.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Ive had a renthal for the past 10k miles on my bike and it is running just fine

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Just ordered a Superlite steel from Mary at Superbike... haven't put it on yet but sure was a great price and it looks pretty cool to boot. I have to imagine it will hold up fine due to the fact that it is steel.
Ive had my superlite for a long time now and love it. Its as light as a steel sprocket could be, looks great, and is super strong with great wear characteristics. Id recommend this sprocket to anyone.:thumbsup:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Who makes the superlite and what's the average rear cost? The supersprox stealth is pricey for a sprocket averaging $70.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Who makes the superlite and what's the average rear cost? The supersprox stealth is pricey for a sprocket averaging $70.
The Superlite and the X2 are made by Drive systems USA. The Superlite is around $45-50 and the X2 gets up around $70. www.drivesystemsusa.com/
When I redid my gearing, they didn't have kit's for Kawi, so I went with Supersprox, would NOT buy them again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Im running the superlight steel sprockets by drive systems and they are holding up pretty well:thumbsup:
Personally i think the aluminium sets are pointless on powerfull bikes..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts