Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start doing track days with my new 08' zx-10r so I decided to buy a 1 PC Alpinestars suit. I found the one I want and the size I need but unfortunately I am 5'10" and the suit that will fit me is for a person who is 6'3". The suit fits pretty good everywhere except for the length. I did some searches online and it looks there are a number of shops in the US that do alterations to leather suits.

But here is the question: can you guys recommend the best alteration shop you know of because I am a little bit nervous about sending a new $1000 suit off to a shop without knowing something about their reputation. Shops in the southeast would be preferred given that I am in Atlanta. Thanks.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
barnacle bills

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i got mine altered at an auto upholstery shop for a good price and they did a great job

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
yea it was pretty cheap and they made sure to inform me that they reinforced all the stitching according to how the suit was originally made, i was happy with it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am a little bit nervous about sending a new $1000 suit off to a shop without knowing something about their reputation.
If you are spending $1000 plus alterations, you would be better off just going full custom. You will have a much better suit as well as one that fits perfectly.

I've been very happy with my syed. For $1100 to $1400 you can get whatever you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts