Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok who's got the best prices, ive been loyal to dunlop, let me know whats your brand pro's and con's

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
dunlop are great tires, there coming out with some new ones!! There going to be released or best way to say it is, you can buy them after sept. 1st if I remember right!! Prices, I always get mine from here cause after using the site a couple times they always give you a discount on top of there sale prices any way...Always a good deal http://store.58cycle.com/category_s/46.htm

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Superbike supply is where its at, better prices and awesome service. Get the pirelli dc3's, awesome tire, nevr slips.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i rock the pilot power in the front and the 2ct in the rear so far so good ive been do it for over 12k miles

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
you have had a set of tires for 12000 miles? If so wow, I almost cant believe it. But I go threw tires almost every 3000 miles max or something, maybe I'm doing something wrong lol. Most likely not but man 12k on a set is gold

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
using BT-016's right now on all 3 bikes and very hapy with them...bought them from competition acc. was $220 shipped for the 120/70-F & 190/50-R.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
pirellis for me

·
Registered
536 Posts
you have had a set of tires for 12000 miles? If so wow, I almost cant believe it. But I go threw tires almost every 3000 miles max or something, maybe I'm doing something wrong lol. Most likely not but man 12k on a set is gold
I think he means he has had been using the same combo for 12k miles. Not that the tires have 12k miles on them. At least I think lol.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I just dont see how you can go through a set of tyres like that so fast ?? are yor doing trackdays on those tyres ?? or is it just normal everyday riding ?? cause if its just normal riding then damn and also is the whole tyre being used up or just the centers of the tyre?? when you say your changing your tyres out ?? just wondering ...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I would go to cycle gear, most of them will match competitors pricing.

I just got my 2TC's mounted and balanced for $395 from there.(120/70&190/55). That was tires, tax, mounting.

·
Banned
5 Posts
It all depends on what tires you use too. A lot of guys have gone to using a PP front and a Pilot Road rear. Since the Roads are a sport-touring tire, they last considerably longer than the regular PP's, BT16's, etc. They'll get overheated really quickly on the track, but they'll grip tightly for even the most aggressive street riding. I don't know about the 2CT's since I've been using the BT016's for damn near ever but 12K wouldn't really surprise me.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
916 Posts
It all depends on what tires you use too. A lot of guys have gone to using a PP front and a Pilot Road rear. Since the Roads are a sport-touring tire, they last considerably longer than the regular PP's, BT16's, etc. They'll get overheated really quickly on the track, but they'll grip tightly for even the most aggressive street riding. I don't know about the 2CT's since I've been using the BT016's for damn near ever but 12K wouldn't really surprise me.:thumbsup:
I use BT016's and very happy with them (Stock size 120/70 Front and 190/55 Rear) just put a new rear on last week the old one had a little over 7k on it and was about to fall apart:mrgreen: the front can take another 7k (I hope...:dontknow:) but for comparison I will try Michelins next year.:mrgreen:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts