Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. This is my first post on here. I'm on here all the time so figured I should finally make an account.
So after searching high and low for a phone mount for my bike, I didn't like any of the options and some of them were expensive and blocked all the dash area. I don't want a bulky dash area with crap in the way. Phone is only there for maps and Waze and basic stuff. I only want to glance at it, I don't want it in my face. So thats when I started looking around for a better option of where to mount my phone, and ended up finding this spot that seemed like it was made for this exact purpose.
So here's what I came up with, so simple and cost like $20.
All you need is a basic phone-case, some dual-lock adhesives (like velcro but better), and that's pretty much it. This will NEVER come off accidentally I assure you of that. Super-strong. Check it out, let me know your thoughts and opinions and hopefully I've given some people a cool new idea.
Oh I also wired in a Motopower USB charging port which I got off of amazon.
Also, i have a Sena comm unit that I got for $100 added into my helmet which is one of the best things ever, even just for navigation purposes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
My buddy did the exact same thing years ago on his 10r.
That spot on the tank looks as if it were made just for a phone lol.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was about to do this to mine too, those 2 small circles seem to work pretty good? I was tempted to do a whole small strip but probably over kill if you say those 2 small circles hold it no problem. I just don't want that strong velcro on the back of my phone but maybe I'll pick up cheap case and follow what you have

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dang, that's a good looking bike right there. Nice and tasteful mods.

I'll bet you got the cell phone mount idea from the inside of the side fairing panels. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was about to do this to mine too, those 2 small circles seem to work pretty good? I was tempted to do a whole small strip but probably over kill if you say those 2 small circles hold it no problem. I just don't want that strong velcro on the back of my phone but maybe I'll pick up cheap case and follow what you have
Oh yea those two small spots hold way more than enough. I initially installed magnet mount plates like the ones I use i my truck, they're great but I just wasn't confident with them on the bike. So then I installed a few strips of this dual-lock stuff and it felt like everytime I pulled the phone off I was going to rip the whole gas tank off with it, lol. So ya the two spots are perfect. I also didn't like having the other side's on my phone case in my pocket so I just got another phone case for $10 and I will swap it for the days when I'm riding the bike.
One more tip, you will likely need to download a screen-flipper app so you can rotate your screen upside down and keep it there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang, that's a good looking bike right there. Nice and tasteful mods.

I'll bet you got the cell phone mount idea from the inside of the side fairing panels. ;)

😂 I didn't really know what you meant at first, I thought the previous owner must have added those sticky things in there, guess those are factory, LOL.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use a ram mount with the ubolt set-up. I have it on the right clip on, it keeps the phone out of the way of the dash still let's me turn from lock to lock without hitting the fairing. I would have put it down where the op put his but I don't want to have to look down that far and I have a go pro mount in that spot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts