Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting my suspension tuned (and still running with a bad rear shock damper) and installing my new bmc filter, i made it back to the track. Well like everytime i hit up the track i learn something new and usefull. This time was how to use my wrist a little better...and by a little i mean a lot. Went from running a best time of 11.55 to a 11.27 at 127mph with a mistake (kinda forgot to shift at 12.5k hit rev limiter then shifted doh). My best 60ft was a 1.7588 but that run netted me a 11.33. Im so stoked, since 10's is what im shooting for i know im not far off now. Less mistakes more pratice and i'll be there. Current mods on the bike lowered at the moment, strapped, regeared (-1 +2), D&D slip on, BMC filter and some cheapy highway radial tires. What i have yet to install on my bike is my new muzzy's TI exhuast with stainless steal headers, jet kit. Still wanting a fox rear shock, shinko 003's and some more damn track time. So what does everyone think? Not bad for a lil ole 600?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Drag racin a 600 is like kissin your sister its a kiss but uuuhhh why would you want too lol J/K drop a 10r motor in it and hurt some folks feelins

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's a good time, Thats bike's not even fuel injected is it? Nice runs.

My 03 R6 went 10.45 @ 131-132 (I have the slip at home), with a -1 up front was the only mod. Fuel injection rules though. :wink: The bike put down 107 at the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea the bike is not fuel injected...was the first gen of the zx6r so everything is either overkill or not on the bike. As for the 10r motor...heh, that'll be some shit, but it wont fit without considerable moderation. I think racing is ment to be the fastest you can be with a mix of making whatever you have the fastest it can go. So right now my 600 is doing me fine, and i dont have payments :)

Gaz's i see the lowering strap and links on the bike (and the cut stand..heh) was that after that run, or was that a part of it before hand? 107 RWHP???? Not calling you a liar by any means but i was told a stock r6 usually hits about 98hp at the wheel. Well to make me feel better after seeing your times, i beat my roommates 04 R6....he's not a drag racer though, so just another 5% bike 95% rider type of thing.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Excellent mang!!! Ricardo ran a best of 11.3 last night also. He said you were killing him till 1/8 mile. Don't put a 10 motor in your 6, keep it the way it is and trust me, you will be in the 10's soon. Plus it was humid air last night so you have a lot more in her. Good job!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
dang fast for a 95 6r :thumbsup: I don't know about the 10s with those mods but your close and a guy I know at my track with a much stronger bike I would assume(6r 03model) was stuck in the low 11s forever and he weighs over 200lbs. After a year or so he got into the hig 10s and just this year at a big drag race event with no additional mods....bam...10.6s. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Tell your friend with the 06 r6 i still want to race him again, raced him on my first run out there...ran a 11.6 as my warm up...and he ran an 11.5 after running a few times. Had a blast even though they took off early. Oh and one of them said he launched at 16k...ughhhh might want to chill out on the rpms when launching...

The 636 should be in the 10's no problem. Those things are an easy 120hp at the wheel with simple mods...theres even a guy on kawiforums that runs a 9.22, of course extended, slammed, strapped and last a 30lb shot of spray.
Hehe 200LB+ yea that wont help...im 180 and need to lose the 30lbs i put on since dating..

·
Registered
804 Posts
20incher said:
Tell your friend with the 06 r6 i still want to race him again, raced him on my first run out there...ran a 11.6 as my warm up...and he ran an 11.5 after running a few times. Had a blast even though they took off early. Oh and one of them said he launched at 16k...ughhhh might want to chill out on the rpms when launching...

The 636 should be in the 10's no problem. Those things are an easy 120hp at the wheel with simple mods...theres even a guy on kawiforums that runs a 9.22, of course extended, slammed, strapped and last a 30lb shot of spray.
Hehe 200LB+ yea that wont help...im 180 and need to lose the 30lbs i put on since dating..
Ricardo(06 r6) loves competition so I will pass the word to him.

·
Registered
585 Posts
20incher said:
Gaz's i see the lowering strap and links on the bike (and the cut stand..heh) was that after that run, or was that a part of it before hand? 107 RWHP???? Not calling you a liar by any means but i was told a stock r6 usually hits about 98hp at the wheel. Well to make me feel better after seeing your times, i beat my roommates 04 R6....he's not a drag racer though, so just another 5% bike 95% rider type of thing.
Actually if you go back and read any of the older magazines the 03-04 both put down between 105-107 at the wheel, mine put down 107 twice, on two different dyno's and it was bone stock. Yeah, the bike was lowered and strapped for all of my runs. I figured that was a given if your drag racing, it's kind of pointless to go without it. I couldn't find my slip for the 10.45, I know I have it somwhere but here is a 1/8 mile time. If you look at the date at the bottom of the card it's about 6 months after I got the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wow, well i guess i have a new found respect for the r6's. As for lowering strap and links, it is a given at the strip, i just thought you did it without it, which would be a feat in itself.

As for a jet tune...its like 300 bucks which is a lot more money than i had wanted to spend. I have a buddy that works at C&F cycles in san marcos and has a Air fuel gauge that goes into the exhaust and we can get close to what it should be at.

·
Registered
585 Posts
20incher said:
Wow, well i guess i have a new found respect for the r6's. As for lowering strap and links, it is a given at the strip, i just thought you did it without it, which would be a feat in itself.

As for a jet tune...its like 300 bucks which is a lot more money than i had wanted to spend. I have a buddy that works at C&F cycles in san marcos and has a Air fuel gauge that goes into the exhaust and we can get close to what it should be at.
I swear by fuel injection...I love it. Yeah, I don't know to many people doing it big on a stock height bike, would be nice though.

Be cool to see how fast you can go with the carb set up on a 600, what you ran is crazy for a 600 as well. Nice to go out there and run 10's or 11's on a pretty much stock 600. I like bikes, they go fast and cost ALOT less. :wink:

btw: the bike in the left lane of my slip that says honda was a 929.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a few of the j1 zx6r guys are running 10's easily. There is a guy on the kawiforums running a 636 with 30shot running 9.22's. Check out www.dontbescaredracing.com go to the video section and the very last video on the bottom right, 9.77 on a zx6r from ryan schnitz, watch the wrist. I try and duplicate that everytime im at the strip.

·
Registered
804 Posts
20incher said:
a few of the j1 zx6r guys are running 10's easily. There is a guy on the kawiforums running a 636 with 30shot running 9.22's. Check out www.dontbescaredracing.com go to the video section and the very last video on the bottom right, 9.77 on a zx6r from ryan schnitz, watch the wrist. I try and duplicate that everytime im at the strip.
I love watching that particular video of the old 6r, the motor screams when he launches it!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts