Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. my subscription just ended for road racer x. i'm gonna sub to another year, or possibly to something else. what i dont like abour rrx is its every 2 months, so the race coverage is crap. also, they dont do much on new bike reviews and such. i like the more in depth look they take at some issues, but i feel its a trade off with gettin the mag more often. what are some mags you guys like? i'm lookin for more in-depth race coverage, coverage of the racers themselves, and some new bike comparos and reviews. probably not a mag like sport rider, or what not, as they dont do much for race coverage. i checked out cycle news, but they do all cycles, and i dont get into dirt or motard that much, just road racing. thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I subscribe to Sport Rider Magazine, but I always end up buying cycle world and motorcyclist also, and occasionally racerx, but as you said by the time I pick it up I know what it's going to say, I just buy it for the pics. . .LOL

SG

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Road racing world

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I'm a subscriber to all of the Major Mags in the US....your bound to get a good article here and there. :lol:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Long time subscriber to Cycle World because of Peter Egan, Nick Ienatsch, and Kevin Cameron. Pure art. Mark Hoyer and David Edwards don't have much style IMO. I hope Gabe Ets-Hokins doesn't bring the squidliness from Motorcycle Online with him.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does superbike have good race coverage? i would think that being a brit mag it wouldnt have good ama coverage. i want good coverage of the ama races since i cant possibly go to them all. thats why i was thinking something like roadracing world, just wanted kinda a review on something like that.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
RRW is better than Racer X imo. They're out every month and they do new bike tests.

It's my favorite mag although Sport Rider is good too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Long time subscriber to Cycle World because of Peter Egan, Nick Ienatsch, and Kevin Cameron. Pure art. Mark Hoyer and David Edwards don't have much style IMO. I hope Gabe Ets-Hokins doesn't bring the squidliness from Motorcycle Online with him.

Went to a trackday w/ Nick Ienatsch, he rocks!

SG

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just buy whichever one catches my eye @ the time I am in the store. Yhey all have their strong points and weaknesses. Just depends on what you are looking for I say. but who am I???

·
Registered
335 Posts
Road Racing World and Motorcycle Racer are the best if you want in depth tech stuff and race coverage.

All the rest are just catering to the boy racers.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Another thing about U.S. magazines is that they are small and full of subscription cards inside, specially designed to stop you from browsing without buying it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts