Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mrgreen: hey,i would like to hear what parts you guys like/work best.....pipes,gearing clutchs filters oil etc... thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
Full Tilt said:
:mrgreen: hey,i would like to hear what parts you guys like/work best.....pipes,gearing clutchs filters oil etc... thanks
Straight pipes, -1 +2 sprockets, paper clutches, and who needs oil??? lol In all seriousness, I could tell you what I'd use, but it doesn't make it the "best."

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Do a search. There is plenty of info for you to decide what you want to run.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Lowered and strapped, -1 or -2 depending on how good you ride, OEM clutches, the pipe will mostly be your preference.

The best advice I can give though is SEAT TIME!!!!:helmet:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
Lowered and strapped, -1 or -2 depending on how good you ride, OEM clutches, the pipe will mostly be your preference.

:+1:

lots of it. and don't get discouraged if good times don't come over night.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:

:+1:

very true

·
Registered
620 Posts
also you dont need extensions. i would see how far you can go without them atleast at first.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Is the bike a 04/05 or 06/07 ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is an 05 maze,thanks for all the input guys keep it coming.BryanB im going to try my best to keep it stock length im doing allright with it so far:)i currently have -1 front sprocket bmc filter and she is lowered im looking to put a full exaust on it but having a hard time choosing a system

·
Registered
620 Posts
Full Tilt said:
it is an 05 maze,thanks for all the input guys keep it coming.BryanB im going to try my best to keep it stock length im doing allright with it so far:)i currently have -1 front sprocket bmc filter and she is lowered im looking to put a full exaust on it but having a hard time choosing a system
you got a strap for the front end???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ruthless Racing said:

i hate to say it but most of the miles on my bike are drag races:headshake
all 1500miles i just have to make it to the track i agree seat time is the best,i think i still have a lot to learn

·
Registered
620 Posts
dude i would get a strap. you would be surprised

·
Registered
620 Posts
mines not that noticable.

dont understand the hidding part???? its not a bad thing to have a strap and almost everyone uses them. you sound like me a extensions, lol.

here are some products from Schnitz Racing

Brackets: http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4801154&showprevnext=1

Strap: http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=2744216

Little metal piece that makes it easer to strap the bike down alot easier by urself: http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4801135

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
when you go mess around tring to get a race people cry that it has this and that"oh its lowered""dude it has a strap i need spots"you know stuff like that the less noticeable the better,kinda why i dont want to strech it either.thanks for the links

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
lol ask bryan about his first strap lol piece of allthread threw the front axle lmao

·
Registered
374 Posts
Full Tilt said:
those are great times quickgix did it :thumbsup: take you a wile to get there?
The first time out with this bike I ran 10.13 stock wheelbase,just lowered and strapped.I ran a best of 9.99 stock wheelbase lowered strapped -1 front sprocket with race fuel.Then extened I started to get faster.it took me a total of 4 times to the track to get where Im at.Im playing with another gear change for this weekend.my new gearing will 15 -42.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts