Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably has been asked a million times... What is the best oil, minimal track/street use??? has Motul 5100 right now... 2006 zx-10r

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I use Shell Rotella T synthetic in all my bikes. Like butta!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Virgin olive oil

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Now that is the zx-10r.net that I know and love.

I only opened this thread to see how many smart ass answers there would be, y'all got it covered, I'll move along.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
KY has that new his and hers. His for our 10's and hers for CBR's????
:lol: Couldn't be more right on the CBR fact.

I've ran the Repsol semi-syn and it wasn't bad at all. Last change put in some Royal Purple and it's like butter, but it seems like it makes the shifts and motor louder, really it does so I'm going to try some Silkolene next change, should be here pretty soon. Otherwise I'm giving in and going to AmSoil.

If you use the search feature you'll find plenty on oil though. AmSoil and Repsol seem to be up there a lot, as well as the Shell. Personally I wouldn't mind trying the Mobil 1 stuff...I'm just going to keep trying until I find one that I like. I'd say between the four I just mentioned in this paragraph though that you cannot go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Just pour in some Aunt Jamima's, great viscosity and will add 30 hp. Plus you'll never have to change it and it will always smell great.

·
Registered
719 Posts
best lube? I like KY jelly, many different varieties:thumbsup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
We all just wanted to see the smart answers.

Use what oil you like. They are mostly all good.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
That stuff does look good, but DANG...ka-ching$$$
Yeah.....it's the latest technology in racing synthetic M/C specific oils. As for the price.....yeah, it's expensive but like the old saying goes....." you get what you pay for." I'm sure there is lots of cheaper oil out there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts