Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one is absolutly sure at the moment . ( well we know its not Harley lol) Yes WSB is 1000cc but the engines are limited to stock metal rules ect . Now come 2012 with MotoGP allowing production based engines to go all out with the only restaints being a maximum bore of 81mm . The engineers will be looking on not what the bike can do at a stock level and go from there. Its a case of what engine can you get the MOST horsepower out of AND hold up for the full race distance . The teams being private can use ANY brand . So let the best brand win . No BS, no brand loyalty . Just who is the best period !

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
you'll never get a "best" engine. All engines are designed to something well and scarfice something else. The zx10r for example are great top end and decent mid range but ball sucking low end. The cbr has unreal mid range and ok top end. Yamaha supposely just control. Suzuki is more balanced than the zx10r engine. I think the most important factor though which I can't answer is reliability.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
you'll never get a "best" engine. All engines are designed to something well and scarfice something else. The zx10r for example are great top end and decent mid range but ball sucking low end. The cbr has unreal mid range and ok top end. Yamaha supposely just control. Suzuki is more balanced than the zx10r engine. I think the most important factor though which I can't answer is reliability.
very well said!

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
I heard the best mill is the aprilla????? thats what iv heard on youtube anyways:lol:

·
Registered
844 Posts
we always have to allow SPECIAL specs for DUCATI-yes look for them.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Watch Harley to try and increase sales come out with a 10 liter single cylinder hardtail motogp bike with ape bars or is that not backwards enough for them lol.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buell didnt make engines . that and MotoGP is WAY to much money for him to afford .
Right now hes juast trying to get business to stay afloat

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I wouldn't say it can take it considering the rear suspension is bottomed out. This is a clear case of cruelty to motorcycles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the Suzuki she sat on prior is still there somewhere! Right where it belongs!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks MotoMike ... You should be banned for that pic lol!!!

Back to thread

Kawasaki should jump on this new ruling and suppy engines and technical assistance
for the privateers in MotoGP . First off its cheap (relitivley) advertising for the company . Second no one is expecting the privateer to win , so kawasaki wont look bad in doing so when the privateer doesnt win . In fact they would look like the good guys helping the little teams out .

Thirdly, and this is a BIG point . If the private teams are left to find the BEST engines by themselves , They more than likely will ALL come up with the same conclution . For the sake of argument ... if MV AGUSTA ( i know its not the best engine) is picked by the teams engineers . MV AGUSTA will look great and everyone (honda, yamaha , suzuki, kawasaki ect)else will look second rate .

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thanks MotoMike ... You should be banned for that pic lol!!!

Back to thread

Kawasaki should jump on this new ruling and suppy engines and technical assistance
for the privateers in MotoGP . First off its cheap (relitivley) advertising for the company . Second no one is expecting the privateer to win , so kawasaki wont look bad in doing so when the privateer doesnt win . In fact they would look like the good guys helping the little teams out .

Thirdly, and this is a BIG point . If the private teams are left to find the BEST engines by themselves , They more than likely will ALL come up with the same conclution . For the sake of argument ... if MV AGUSTA ( i know its not the best engine) is picked by the teams engineers . MV AGUSTA will look great and everyone (honda, yamaha , suzuki, kawasaki ect)else will look second rate .
yea , it grossed the wife out too lol.gen info-i just commented , not posted.told the wife to lay off the LITTLE DEBBIES or she will be same way.lol

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Just some comments :

The best engine should be the one which is better (electronically) controlled for each track. All engines are relatively similar these days (power-torque). It even does not matter much if they are lower powered IF they are better controlled...

Another issue to consider is manufacturing processes. Each manuf. has a specific one for almost all their models, it's not easy to change it on the fly. A lot of common parts are used through their models' range. Some get it right from the start, some don't. Different philosophies give different results.

Third, without a good chassis nothing matters. And Kawi needs work here too, as finding the right compromise with stiffness, rake, rail etc for their engine.

For me, Kawi cannot (to date) efficiently control the power of their engines, although on the chassis they made some steps with the 08. They either mute it or let it balls out. Real TC and other better gismos will make it more competitive in WSBK, and more beneficial for us.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts