Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just asking i put 2 to 7 bolcks on my bike a while back will not hook all out and all in will not stay down best time so far reaction.233 60 ft1.151 330 ft4.01 1/8th 6.14 118 mph mods are ti force full pc3 17 45 geearing shinko strap gps stering damper

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
man i hate to be such a grammer pain in the ass, but damn that is hard to read. According to 1killer1liter he thinks extensions are ment for hair only...and wheelie bars are the new thing. Alot of other people use the extensions and i guess they will probally chime in on lenth of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well lets do this so people of ages can read it,

So about 2 months ago I put 2-7 extensions on my 10 and I was wondering if anyone hear could tell what would be the lenght to run at ? thanks alot

·
Registered
245 Posts
20incher said:
man i hate to be such a grammer pain in the ass, but damn that is hard to read. According to 1killer1liter he thinks extensions are ment for hair only...and wheelie bars are the new thing. Alot of other people use the extensions and i guess they will probally chime in on lenth of it.
Man, I hate to be such a grammer pain in the ass, but damn, that is hard to read. According to 1killer1liter, he thinks extensions are meant for hair only...and wheelie bars are the new thing. A lot of other people use the extensions and I guess they will probably chime in on the length of it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was only trying to make it easier for the sake of other people. Having a one sentence paragraph with a lack of spaces in some parts sucks to read. So melbr1 you can stfu if you’re not going to contribute to this thread.Thanks and goodbye ;). 1st10ever your times seem to be good already, but the way I would go about doing it is to start with a setting that you feel comfortable with and work your way back. Find the g-spot per say where it doesn’t spin and it doesn’t pop wheelies. Good luck at the strip, let us know how it goes...

·
Registered
245 Posts
20incher said:
I was only trying to make it easier for the sake of other people. Having a one sentence paragraph with a lack of spaces in some parts sucks to read. So melbr1 you can stfu if you’re not going to contribute to this thread.Thanks and goodbye ;).
Goodbye 20inch grammar police.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for hijacking your thread 1st10ever.....hope you get sorted mate.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
It will vary from rider to rider and bike to bike. But 20incher is right. Why worry about length? Get a wheelie bar.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
It's breaking loose huh? Well try to adust the suspension and have someone who knows what they are doing assist you with that. Try switching to a perelli super corsa sc2 or sc1 or even an sc0 tire in the rear 180/55/17.
If it still doesn't hook try leaving at different rpm's than you have been. Maybe a lower one and work your way up from there. Also drop the rear tire pressure to around 20psi and work your way up from there until it spins then back off a couple of psi. ANd if this doesn't work then give me the bike and I'll show you ..lol. Seat time is the key to any combination you have to get used to the set up and learn what works before you start changing stuff around or you can wind up in an even worse situation than you started in. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You are going to have to learn how to ride it. Longer swingarms keep the front end down at the expense of traction. Less pressure in the rear tire might help grip (20lbs-maybe less at the strip). Move the rear wheel forward a bit, that will help weight transfer for better traction. Talk to others with similar setups, some suspension adjustments may have to be made.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Definately need a good soft tire, Shenko U-soft will do it, dwayne is selling them right now at Cycle Concepts for $125 shipped.

Set the bottom adjutment on the shock all the out. I run 15 psi in my Shenko and Launch about 7000- 7500 on 16/43 Gearing. Im just getting back into it but that's the combo that has gone the fastest for me so far.

6.07 in the 1/8 mile on a 1.53 60'

·
Registered
620 Posts
man stick with stock wheelbase. sell the blocks and get a shinko ultra soft

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok

so in need to launch harder i only leave at 3500 but it spins when i go into 2ndwith bout 22 lbs pressure
GARSZX10R said:
Definately need a good soft tire, Shenko U-soft will do it, dwayne is selling them right now at Cycle Concepts for $125 shipped.

Set the bottom adjutment on the shock all the out. I run 15 psi in my Shenko and Launch about 7000- 7500 on 16/43 Gearing. Im just getting back into it but that's the combo that has gone the fastest for me so far.

6.07 in the 1/8 mile on a 1.53 60'

·
Registered
585 Posts
1st10ever said:
so in need to launch harder i only leave at 3500 but it spins when i go into 2ndwith bout 22 lbs pressure
Only if your stretched, if your not it's going to be Wheelie time! haha:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Do you do a burn out? If so wet or dry?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not wet

1killer1liter said:
Do you do a burn out? If so wet or dry?
i do it enough to heat in it, i dont understand a friend of mine has same bike same set up but no exhaust or pc and he 15 lbs heavery than me and when we leave the line iam right be side him untill 2ND GEAR then i spin?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1st10ever said:
i do it enough to heat in it, i dont understand a friend of mine has same bike same set up but no exhaust or pc and he 15 lbs heavery than me and when we leave the line iam right be side him untill 2ND GEAR then i spin?
Are you staying in the groove?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1st10ever said:
Are you up-shifting without the clutch?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts