Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, im in the market for an upgraded hid kit for my 04 zx10r im thinking either 4300 or 6k light pattern because im really just buying this for more light out put rather than looks. but i had a couple of questions for you all.

1: what brand (ebay?) do you all recommend? i have seen some legit looking kits on ebay for around 29 - 100 dollars shipped sounds like a good deal from what i have seen, namely this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...7318386QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

2: some kits offer two lights, i know that the zx10r has one light on one light off in low beam mode however is there a way i can rig up the lighting system so that both headlights are on at the same time?

thanks for your knowledge guys,

Ben

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Ddm tuning!! 55w ballasts, awesome light output! I get brighted and flicked off all the time with just low beams. $50 bucks each light and installs clean in 20 minutes.

Oh yeah, do a search, LOL

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeaaaa by bad i did a search right after i posted this and now i feel like a bit of a dick.

regardless have you guys all just bought two kits for your high and low beams?

·
Registered
643 Posts
yes, 2 ballasts are needed. ITs a pain inthe ass to change so you can operate both on hi and low beam. way easier to keep on low and both on for high. I use a A&R motorsport kit, works awesome, simple install, great instructions, easy company to deal with. Everything was already cut to length for my bike, i needed nothing else (even though I did run electrical tape around the connectors for extra insurance) Best upgradeI made really, way easier to ride at night. I have 6k in there, plenty bright and virtually pure white output

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
LOL, I believe so. Ddm tuning sells them individually so yeah. H9 and H11 kits. I believe Ddm is the only one that offers the 35w and 55w ballasts. The 55w is insanely bright, its almost literally a night and day difference. plus the ballasts are black and easy to hide

6000k as well here

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I got the DDM kits in both bikes, no real complaints, I had to re-wire the plugs on one bike (can't remember if it was the 04 or the 06). And I had to replace the 10amp fuse for a 15amp, but other than that for the money they rock.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
DDM for sure! I made dual low beam headlights on my second gen by purchasing a crashed headlight for (25.00) and took the low beam projector and swapped it out with the high beam projector. Now i have 2 low beams which equates to stadium lighting. I would recomend the 4300k because it supposedly has more lumens. I have the 6k which are good but i hate the transition of my 6k lights to the street lights which are about 4300k.

·
Registered
332 Posts
4300 = the strongest most clear visable HID lighting & is what all the big $ trophy trucks now use in BAJA SCORE racing money is not an object & 4300 is the HID of choice , some guys here like the blue higher 6000 or + for looks ..........but for all out lighting perf 4300 is best

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I got a 10K DDM kit a few years ago and I really like it :thumbsup:
HID prices have gone WAY down!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ddm tuning!! 55w ballasts, awesome light output! I get brighted and flicked off all the time with just low beams. $50 bucks each light and installs clean in 20 minutes.

:+1: Thats the kit for sure. If you have a first gen you are looking for H7 bulbs. Otherwise its the H9 and H11

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks scott,

great, now i just have to decide on if i want the 35 or the 55w power outputs.... i am going to go with the 4300k color temp because i dont really like how the blue light looks, but what would you guys recommend the 35 or is the 55 worth the extra 15 bucks?

·
Registered
499 Posts
DDM Tuning Raptor Kit. Was only $39 when I got them. Had to order two sets to get the different bulbs, but sold the other set on here in a day. Love the 8000Ks!!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks scott,

great, now i just have to decide on if i want the 35 or the 55w power outputs.... i am going to go with the 4300k color temp because i dont really like how the blue light looks, but what would you guys recommend the 35 or is the 55 worth the extra 15 bucks?
Are you serious? 55w all day long. 6k wont look blue with the 55w. Im going to buy the 4300 and see if i like it better than my 6k.

·
Registered
598 Posts
:+1: I love my DDM kit and they now offer kits with 2 different bulb types for bikes. I liked them so much I bought a set for my car too which are working great.

Oh yeah, do a search, LOL

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Did you ever get the kit? Pics?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a month later and i just ordered them on tuesday lol, happy i waited because their whole site is on sale right now will have pics up when they are installed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts