Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I have actually two fold question :).

1. I know that when the bulb is out of life, it usually just burns out, however; is it possible for a bulb to short circuit the whole circuit, causing the fuse to blow as soon as you turn it on?

2. What are the best after markter bulbs for this bike? What is the difference b/w xenon and halagon bulbs, which one are better? I think I have HID.

Are the bulbs on ebay (15-16 bucks a set), worth buying and good?

Thanks again.
Take care.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Ninjas do not have stock HIDs from what I know...

the best thing you can do is upgrade your system to HID kit. Trust me and evryone else who has done it...it is WORTH IT!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ninjas do not have stock HIDs from what I know...

the best thing you can do is upgrade your system to HID kit. Trust me and evryone else who has done it...it is WORTH IT!!!!
I have one H9 and one H11 bulb. DD people are asking me to order separte kits, that raises the price up to 90 bucks plus shipping.

Anything better, more reasonable out there? Also, should I be happy with 35 Watt, or should I go for 55?
Thanks

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I have one H9 and one H11 bulb. DD people are asking me to order separte kits, that raises the price up to 90 bucks plus shipping.

Anything better, more reasonable out there? Also, should I be happy with 35 Watt, or should I go for 55?
Thanks

Check out my thread:
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77886

I got the DDM tunning with 55 watt and 6000k Lights....holy shit! THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may find a lower cost set, but this kit was simple to insatll and has the slim ballasts....you must get HIDs! :spankbw: They spank the crap out of conventional lights!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out my thread:
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77886

I got the DDM tunning with 55 watt and 6000k Lights....holy shit! THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may find a lower cost set, but this kit was simple to insatll and has the slim ballasts....you must get HIDs! :spankbw: They spank the crap out of conventional lights!
I want to go for it now, just looking for best deal out there :). dont want to spend more money on the bike this year................

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I got the Star Rotors Star Lights HID Xenon bulbs and they look great and are much brighter than stock without the cost and installation hassles of the HID kits!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
DUDE... Buy the ddm kit and dont look back! The 55watt kit is the best and brightest on the market. Ive read a review and comparison on other kits and the ddm came out front by far due to the higer watt kit. Its really a 50 watt but they call it 55.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.