Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Well from everything I understand about the TRE, it should only have an effect in 1st thru 3rd gear at part throttle, so I dont understand your 4th gear being affected.

Did you dyno test this or is this a seat of the pants dyno?

I felt with my TRE installation my off/on throttle response got smoother.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I dont know anything about how to make a TRE work for these bikes or the wiring or anything, but my post isnt related to that. The off/on throttle abruptness that youre experiencing is because of the additional fuel that is being added to the map from your optimizer. Its creating additional power, making it more jerky. GoFaster has explained this before on here about how the on off throttle transition has to do with leaning the fuel map out so that the bike makes less power, making the transition from off to on throttle has less power. If yours is adding fuel because it thinks the bike is in 6th, meaning higher air flow from ram air, it is creating more power on the transition.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
6th gear shouldn't be the best gear to try out since it's the tallest gear it gets the most load so ignition timing at full throttle would be not as aggressive as the one in 5th or 4th gear because of that. Ecu also adds fuel in 5th and 6th gear to compensate for ram air, which is great and all, but it will make your bike run richer in lower gears due to no extra air coming in to the air box. So the only way your bike is making more power is if was running lean from the begining. I don't recomend anybody using tre's because they work great in one gear.............and the other gears the fuel and timing is all screwed up.

In short, your factory ecu adds more fuel to the higher gear due to load going up in higher gears and the ignition timing gets less agressive for the same reasons. tre basically gets rid of all that and that's the reason I would stay away from it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts