Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at real world results between Schnitz, Brocks, and Guhls which have you guys seen make the most power, mid range and top end wise?

I understand with Brock's and Schnitz I would need a power commander with a 3/4 exhaust on the bike but it looks like Guhls you do not, they will already have a fuel map. Cost wise Guhls would be the smartest route.

Now that being said I can get a power commander with a Brock's fuel map brand new for 275. So which out of all 3 have you guys seen make the most power? Guhls flash, Brock's with a pc5, or Schnitz with the pc5?

The bike will have a air filter and 3/4 system. I'd like to see 200 at the wheel. I haven't seen a thread or a sticky with the best option for a flash on the gen 5.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I don't have experience with the others, but I have heard great stuff about all three you mentioned.

I had [email protected] two wheel dyno works flash my ecu and I have a 3/4 exhaust, stock air filter. All flashes will be in the 190's whp. I think you need to get off pump gas to get into the 200's whp. But it has been almost a year since I did any research into this. Someone will chime in with more info.

BTW Nels, unlocks the auto blip quickshfter for down shifts as well, for free, which FTECU charges extra for. Also, once you buy one, flash, anytime you change something to the bike, he will flash it again for free, for as long as you own the bike.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,720 Posts
Ugh. Here we go again! Another day, another reflash thread. :ayyy:

All of them will be pretty much the same if you're going to send the ECU to them for flashing. They all pretty much use tuning for the "vast majority" of people. But unless the specific shop is going to measure YOUR ride, with YOUR mods, then you will get a generic flash that will require a Power Commander to let you tweak it further for YOUR needs. Unless you plan to send them logging data for them to adjust the flash settings before and/or after the flash, pick one and go with it. Guhl motors is a viable route for sure. Again, comparing "best power" for some reflash company is meaningless without having YOUR bike set up the same way and trying each one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's more of what I was looking for on info skydork. I had saw that Guhls put in fuel maps already saying you wouldn't need the power commander. Cost wise that's more up my alley, but Brock's is local to me and Schnitz is only an hour and half away. Like I said I can get a power commander from a shop brand new that works directly with Brock's and can have a race tune loaded for 275, then I could directly take the Ecu to schnitz.

Would it be wise to have Ryan put the slip on tune in and get the power commander or just the standard flash with the power commander? If this was dealing with xfi, hp tuners, or Holley efi like the car stuff then it wouldn't be an issue. I'm trying to get educated on the new efi on the bikes. My experience with bike tuning is very limited. The biggest thing that has me leaning towards Guhls is being able to code reset.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Skydork....
All plans go nice... until the bazzaz and PC5, decide to take a dump...... seen it 2 many times.

that is why all respectable guys tune by flash ONLY.

·
Registered
569 Posts
PC5 will only allow you to adjust fuel. The flash allows you adjust everything from timing, to spark, to fuel, butterfly valves, etc. etc. etc. Best thing to do OP, if you can, is have your bike tuned on a dyno with Woolich or FTECU software. If you cannot, then you will have to mail in your ECU. Also with FTECU and Woolich you can tune the bike yourself it you want too an adjust all of those parameters.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Only reply that best fits this thread is to say "WOOLICH" goes into the search bar

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been reading the thread about the woolich on the gen 5 seems like guys are having issues with it?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Just as an FYI with 2 wheel dynoworks flash, each flash is made on the dyno for each mod that comes in. So they have a dozen different flashes for the zx10r for the different exhausts, stock, slip ons, 3/4's and full etc so for the most part, the fueling is going to be pretty darn close to spot on for that exhaust. When it's an exhaust they haven't had on the dyno, you find one thats close visually in design and the fueling is then usually within a few percent of spot on. Nels has made hundreds of different flash files for the various mods on the various bikes he creates flashes for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts