Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have the Graves eliminator kit on my first Gen 5, but am looking for one that may completely eliminate the turn signals that stick out, Ive seen some that look like they integrate into the tail light, or mount just below under seat cowl? Id like something stealthy...afraid to buy a cheap product..whats your fave and please share a pic if possible ! Thank you all, Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
I purchased this license plate bracket, and this integrated tail light on eBay.

The license plate bracket fits without issue and is very good quality, with bright license plate lights. You will need to provide your own license plate bolts - the ones from your stock bracket will be too large for this.

The integrated tail light fits and wires in without issue, however, friends have stated the integrated turn signals are hard to discern and just look like a flashing brake light.

Having said that, no one pays attention to us on the road regardless, so the signals are already useless. I honestly just have them installed to satisfy state laws.

EDIT: Here's a photo where you can see both installed. It looks pretty clean!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The license plate bracket fits without issue and is very good quality, with bright license plate lights. You will need to provide your own license plate bolts - the ones from your stock bracket will be too large for this.

The integrated tail light fits and wires in without issue, however, friends have stated the integrated turn signals are hard to discern and just look like a flashing brake light.

Having said that, no one pays attention to us on the road regardless, so the signals are already useless. I honestly just have them installed to satisfy state laws.

kinda what Im looking for, thank you. so sounds like it was no hassle wiring in... can a half ass mechanic like myself install this ? ha :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
can a half ass mechanic like myself install this ? ha :)
If I was able to figure mine out, anyone should be able to. :dontknow:

Here is mine with the signals, but creese1 on eBay sells one without the signal mounts also.
Yep, the one I have is also from creese1 and does not have the signals. The seller makes some quality stuff. I actually discovered them through this forum, a few of us with gen 5s use his fender eliminator kits.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
Motodynamic tail, great quality. And I didn't waste money on a bracket, just drilled some holes in my plate and put on. Pretty clean and I have yet to be messed with.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
I also have the motodynamic tail light. Top notch quality and nice smooth integrated yellow blinkers. Also it flashes three times when I engage the brake before coming on solid. I also use some reflective tape around it to help people see my while i am at a light. Being rear ended sucks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have the motodynamic tail light. Top notch quality and nice smooth integrated yellow blinkers. Also it flashes three times when I engage the brake before coming on solid. I also use some reflective tape around it to help people see my while i am at a light. Being rear ended sucks.
That motodynamic isthe clean winner for me. I cant stand stalks, and prefer integrated blinkers.
As for being at lights, I always have my foot on the rear brake so my brake light is shining bright in their face!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang, I like that. Winter if the blinkers would pass inspection in VA. I'd be interested to hear if it blinks normal without a resistor kit. Make sure you post results here!
I'll definitely post results. I have the Graves eliminator on my other Gen 5 bike and I like it, but this KRT edition bike Im installing this on is going to be my dedicated Track/Race bike so wanted something as discreet and/or easy to remove as possible if needed.

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
Go to amazon; a couple there for less than 100 with signals. Keep the old turn signal system just in case local laws are dorky.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The Graves is the nicest for the gen5. The kit allows you to remove the signals. It's build correctly to last. I purchased a cheap kit once and it broke and I lost the plate. Waste of time going with the cheap stuff

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Graves is the nicest for the gen5. The kit allows you to remove the signals. It's build correctly to last. I purchased a cheap kit once and it broke and I lost the plate. Waste of time going with the cheap stuff

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I have the Graves on my other Gen 5, yes I like it. I ended up getting the Hotbodies fender elim kit for my 2nd bike , and its definitely not one of the cheap ones :)
https://www.hotbodiesracing.com/product/zx10r-2016-fender-eliminator/

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good choice Mike. I like that hot bodies with the led turn. If they'd have had that for the gen 4 I would have done that instead of the yoshimura and the integrated tail/turns.

·
Registered
28 Posts

How does it mount?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered the Yokshimura fender eliminator and paired it with the motodynamic integrated LED tail light... looking forward to installing them on my bike- should look very clean indeed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
the hotbodies one for the gen 4, is a cheap flimsy hunk of plastic. I will be replacing the one I bought for the wife's bike, with something better built.

I have the graves on my gen 4 but, I am not fond of it. well built but, has VERY TIGHT LINES to the body, interfering with plate install. if I didn't slot the mount, the plate would have rubbed on the under tail area. Ski

1 - 20 of 35 Posts