Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Any ideas, on what would be the best disc lock to get for ZX10R?
Its not that I trust these locks, but I still think I should have them. My bike was stolen with 1.5 inch thick mettalic cable (that was cut), disc lock, and the regular handle lock.

This time I do have the scorpio alarm, bike tracker, another stronger cable, and still am looking for a disc lock. I would prefer a disc lock with the alarm, however; it should not be too sensitive so that I have to run to it every time).

Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i think any brand name (master, Kryptonite) disk locks will be similar... as far as alarms go i have no idea, i use the biggest chain home depot had with their biggest commercial lock

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think any brand name (master, Kryptonite) disk locks will be similar... as far as alarms go i have no idea, i use the biggest chain home depot had with their biggest commercial lock
Check the youtube videos on chains... homedepot chain would be of no use..

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i have the zena disk lock w/ alarm and it seems to work well. the alarm is so fucking annoying people have no choice but to notice it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I had a Xena disc lock with alarm and it worked quite well.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
JUST BUY A GUN (or 8) AND KEEP THE BIKE INSIDE..........simple solution that's worked for me for some time now.chains,alarms,disc locks,etc...are worthless cause if someone wants your ride and it's outside...they WILL take it, plain n simple. they'll take it ragardless BUT to come into your home and try is a whole different sport!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Trouble with disc locks is it's easy to forget they are there since they are so small. I prefer a large chain for that reason, that way I'm not going to fall off when I drive off if I forget the disc lock is on. It's never happened to me but I've heard plenty of stories of this happening.

·
Registered
462 Posts
JUST BUY A GUN (or 8) AND KEEP THE BIKE INSIDE..........simple solution that's worked for me for some time now.chains,alarms,disc locks,etc...are worthless cause if someone wants your ride and it's outside...they WILL take it, plain n simple. they'll take it ragardless BUT to come into your home and try is a whole different sport!!!!
LOL....I'll just put a sign on it saying.... Beware of gun, its pointing at you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not using it but I had heard that Xena disc lock with alarm works great and even it is has a very nice features in it. The alarm also helps us to remind to remove our disc-lock before we go for ride. It has highest-quality steel lock body and electronic components with a unique high-security key and barrel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts