Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having a issue with my rear brakes on a ride its time to do some braking up grades to my 2012 zx10r.

I have ran Russell stainless lines and ebc pads in the past with just generic DOT4 fluid.

What is everyone's opinion on the best pads lines and fluid to use. I would like to find some lime green lines if anyone has had any good experiences with any particular sets?

·
Registered
735 Posts
EBC HH pads with Speigler lines motul RBF600 dot 4 and Mikey moto rear rotor. It was a big upgrade

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
I love the Core Moto lines for the gen 4.
Im a fan of the ATE original fluid and the Carbone Lorraine CL Braking XBK pads.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Carbone Lorraine CL Braking XBK pads
Speigler lines
motul RBF600

Your welcome.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I like the Galfer 1375 pads or the Ferodo xrac or zrac pads and Motul RBF 660 fluid. Zrac are probably over kill unless your racing.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
After having a issue with my rear brakes on a ride its time to do some braking up grades to my 2012 zx10r.

I have ran Russell stainless lines and ebc pads in the past with just generic DOT4 fluid.

What is everyone's opinion on the best pads lines and fluid to use. I would like to find some lime green lines if anyone has had any good experiences with any particular sets?

This is my rear brake set-up. Cast Iron Full Floating Ferodo rotor, Agras Hanger, Brembo CNC caliper and Spiegler line. You will never want for better brakes or modulation on the rear of the bike when this is installed and you can get the custom line made in just about any color combination you could want.

The line dimensions are on this page
http://www.rogueracing.org/zx10r/agbrembo.htm

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
As far as brake fluid is concerned I have tested it all from $100 a bottle Castrol SRF to the Brembo brands to the RBF600 to the $2.99 a bottle Valvoline brand at Autozone. Unless you are endurance racing and literally boiling the fluid out of the calipers which very few people here will ever be capable of doing then the $2.99 a bottle Valvoline stuff works just as good as the $21 a bottle Motul stuff.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my rear brake set-up. Cast Iron Full Floating Ferodo rotor, Agras Hanger, Brembo CNC caliper and Spiegler line. You will never want for better brakes or modulation on the rear of the bike when this is installed and you can get the custom line made in just about any color combination you could want.

The line dimensions are on this page
http://www.rogueracing.org/zx10r/agbrembo.htm

That's a sweet setup!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What was the issue you had? I really don't think rear brake setup is as important as your front setup.

How old is your fluid? Pads aren't worn out?
I was riding some pretty tight roads and while coming to a stop head a really loud and low pitch squeaking. After starting again and coming to a stop 100 yards later I had no rear brakes. I pulled another 30 yards across the road to check them out and pulled the bleeder cap off and a bit a fluid misted out. After this I planned to just go home and bleed my brakes and change fluid. After I took off again I had brakes. The bike was new in 2012 and has 9200 miles on it. I think the brake line just got hot and expanded some and got a bit of air in the line.

I also think it was a good idea to blow a little money. I went with a Braking stainless steel race rotor, spiegler lines, rbf600 fluid and ebc hh pads. I'm gonna see how everything does with those pads for now and get some better ones later on as I got myself some carbon fiber goodies too :). Just need motivation to install the mess now.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What do you do with the bike? Personally I use performance friction pads, galfer sbk lines and a brenbo master. Interested to see how the zx10 calipers fare compared to the 09-12 zx6 calipers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you do with the bike? Personally I use performance friction pads, galfer sbk lines and a brenbo master. Interested to see how the zx10 calipers fare compared to the 09-12 zx6 calipers.
I do a lot of mountain curves and an occasional track day.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I do a lot of mountain curves and an occasional track day.
Definitely the lines, a good HH pad (the race pads require heat and if you don't have the heat in them it could make for a bad day) it wouldn't hurt to upgrade the master on the bike to one of the current radials, they are pretty good these days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts