Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got one from the KTM shop. It's a KTM brand and has held up great. Wear it all the time for the last 4yrs. and still holding up good and it's comfortable. What more could you ask for. Besides it's orange and black and attractive. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I got one I bought like a 2 years ago from American Eagle, its just a tan heavy canvas like material and it works fine its big enough to carry alot of junk and a spare helmet fits in it, but its not very comfortable to go a long distance with a helmet inside it ... oh I only paid $10 bucks for it too LOL...

·
Registered
697 Posts
I use a BLACKHAWK! 3-day assault pack. You guys bought them for me, so I may as well continue to get use. They can carry a TON of stuff, they are designed very well with an integrated "frame" and slots to allow airflow. The sides have compression straps that work well. At $144 I wouldnt have chose them, but after being issued these packs I cant use anything else.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/3-Day-Assault-Pack,865,44.htm

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah those Blackhawk bags are sweet pluse alot of them have a spot for a camelbak if i remember right ??? big bucks for them though...

·
Registered
641 Posts
you'll want a backpack with a low profile. Basically a slim pack. Only buy one big enough for what you need to carry. If you get a bookbag type that's larger, the wind going over your head and back down your back will put some odd annoying pressure/turbulence on you. I have a very slim backback I got a a surf shop and I can't even tell it's there. Oh, also make sure it's got an anti-sway clip on it. Preferably one at the sternum and at the waist. I got a nice tank bag system for $55 and it works great, although I think tank bags look dorky. Fortunately I don't often travel with a passenger so I don't need to bring an additional helmet all the time. But when I do, it will just fit in my tank bag. Anyway, hope this helps =)

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have one of the hardshell Axio's (don't know which one). I have had it for about 2 years, and it is the best backpack I have experienced for riding. For me, all of the non-hardshell packs tended to tug/pull in the wind. The Axio was perfectedly fine up to 150 (maybe higher...). The drawback is that they are not really big. I can fit raingear, extra gloves, a couple of school books (yes, even us old farts take classes), and a Jimmie John's sandwich, all with a little room left over.

I forgot, there was a chocolate chip cookie in there too, of course.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Aaaaaaand I'm reviving this old thread.

I've had the Icon squad 2 for about a year and is damn near falling apart. It was pretty versatile and roomy, but lacking in quality.

Opinions on backpacks?
What are you guys using and what do you like/not like?

·
Vendor
6,875 Posts
Aaaaaaand I'm reviving this old thread.

I've had the Icon squad 2 for about a year and is damn near falling apart. It was pretty versatile and roomy, but lacking in quality.

Opinions on backpacks?
What are you guys using and what do you like/not like?
The Ogio Mach 5 has been our best seller, we just sold out our remaining stock but have more due in next month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts