Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting to play around with my gearing and try to find the best 1/8 (and 1/4) setup. i have an 1/8 20 mins away so thats the main setup i wont to focus on..

the setup i currently have is
vortex -1,+3
evil swingarm sitting around 13" over
roaring toys lowering links
front end lowered ~1.5"
2 bros slip on exhaust
pc3 with base map
race air filter
air shifter (not installed yet)

had my rider take the 10r to the track last night since i had to work. havent seen the slip yet but was told it ran a 6.2x. the one thing he did mention was it felt like it was falling on its face coming out the hole. thinking that experimenting with the gearing will help bring that down. my goal is 5.99 for the bike for now..

any advice will be greatly appreciated. im gonna try to get ahold of the slips to find the 60' and trap speed

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
go 2 teeth bigger on the rear

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with that being said i have already gotten a new 15t sprocket sitting on the table, would it be worth it to throw it on with the +5 rear or just go -1,+5?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
toss the 15 on and see how it runs instead of tossin money at it. thats what I would do since you already have it

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
15t is a must for the 10's if your going to be dragin... but i would throw the 15t on there with the +3 and see where your at... im sittin at 62in and it help my bike a ton !!!

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Yank the secondaries out the throttle bodies if the bike still has a bog out the hole. I run -1/+5 for the qtr and it is just enough gear.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna throw the 15t on and hopefully my kill box will arrive so I can finally get the air shifter on in time to run it friday nite.

I'm around 190 unsuited and I was leaving at 7k but that was before the new arm
My rider is about 150 unsuited. No idea what he was leaving at

·
Registered
842 Posts
im -2 +9 and 15 over for you id say -2 +6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts