Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am ordering my extensions, sprocket, chain, and strap this week and wondering what rear sprocket to get. i am going with a 16 front, but cant decide the rear. what sprocket will help my times the best. right now with just -1 up front i am finishing the 1/4 at the top of 4th. the sprocket will be for the track only, then gonna run either a stock or lower than stock for my street/everyday riding. i was planning on going up 2, but now i am thinking to do more since i will have a 2nd rear one for the street. what would get me to the top of 5th? i will be running about 6 inches of stretch, and a shinko drag radial for traction.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
ok so i am ordering my extensions, sprocket, chain, and strap this week and wondering what rear sprocket to get. i am going with a 16 front, but cant decide the rear. what sprocket will help my times the best. right now with just -1 up front i am finishing the 1/4 at the top of 4th. the sprocket will be for the track only, then gonna run either a stock or lower than stock for my street/everyday riding. i was planning on going up 2, but now i am thinking to do more since i will have a 2nd rear one for the street. what would get me to the top of 5th? i will be running about 6 inches of stretch, and a shinko drag radial for traction.
I'm -1 +2 as well right now. You can get a -2 for the front cheap like 30 bucks instead of the 70 or so for the rear, and it should be perfect. I'll tell ya ridin with that much gear at only 6 over makes it a really fun bike to ride at the track! IMO

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ride the bike daily on highway so I don't wanna go more than 1 down up front, I would rather just have 2 rears to swap, since they are quick and easy. I was just wondering if I should go up 3 4 or 5 in rear. I am 190ish suited. I will be trapping low 140s

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Well I ride the bike daily on highway so I don't wanna go more than 1 down up front, I would rather just have 2 rears to swap, since they are quick and easy. I was just wondering if I should go up 3 4 or 5 in rear. I am 190ish suited. I will be trapping low 140s
-1 +4 will be plenty for your weight. should put you top of 6th gear at da line.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k good, i will be ordering my set up this weekend

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
x2....my bike was -1 +5 at the end of the year and it ran outta gear around 1000' with a 200 pound rider
At what mph? Cuz I just went -2 +2 and trapped 147 at the very top of 5th. I was actually talkin to Duane from Cycle Concepts and he said that some guys are goin -2 +3-5 Which I think if I go +2 more it would put me top of 6th...

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If your trapping low 140s then with -1 +4 you will be at the top of 5th. Should do around 147 in 5th with that gearing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My best gearing

16/44 put me at the top of 6th in the traps around 148.5-150 mph, depending on track conditions. Gen 1, Stock engine, stock ECU. Stretched 5.5", lowered 3'' F/R, Akra slip-on, 87 octane Shell V-Power.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
16/44 put me at the top of 6th in the traps around 148.5-150 mph, depending on track conditions. Gen 1, Stock engine, stock ECU. Stretched 5.5", lowered 3'' F/R, Akra slip-on, 87 octane Shell V-Power.
Gen3 compared to Gen1 has different trans gears so the sprocket changes affect each Gen differently.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for that. Bike already has a +2 in the rear and I am practicing with the front strapped. I am guessing more seat time is what is required.

Cheers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts