Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a low side at the track last month and damage to the bike was not too bad. Replaced frame sliders, exhaust, rearset, small ding in the tank but not too worried about that and some rash on the tail that I can live with.

Anyway, I got all the parts in and installed and went to take the bike for a ride and something didn't feel right, Low and behold I have a slight bend in the right clip-on. Well that i cannot live with so I either need to replace or see if I can straighten it out. Question is has anyone straightened out a clip-on with success or will it compromise the integrity of the clip-on (bar)? It is just a slight bend 1/4" to 3/8 maybe but still enough that it doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have a set for sale if you are interested. I live in Tampa so shipping would be cheap.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Responded to your WTB

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just buy another one, straightening aluminum can be uncertain. Sounds like you got a source right here.
Either this, or buy a set of aftermarket clip-ons if you plan to do a lot of track riding. They make it so much easier to get the bike going again after an "oops" because you don't have to remove the upper triple to install them. The gen4 uses 50mm clip-ons.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whether you straighten it or replace it, I can say from personal experience that it's definitely something worth addressing. I had a bent right clip-on for a couple weeks, finally figured out what didn't "feel right" and replaced it. Suddenly the pain in my right wrist went away.

That slightly-off angle makes a big difference in your handling of the bike as well as the dispersion of your body weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts