Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a racer, I do street riding only with buddies. Would I benefit from getting a full system over a half system? Or should I save my money? I'm looking at the two bros slip on which connects to the header and eliminates the cat and exup valve. Please tell me why I should or shouldn't get a full system. The only other mods I plan on doing are v-stacks, PCIII usb, and TRE. Other than that, i think 160rwhp is plenty. :helmet: Thanks for your help.

-Brandon

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
save your dough on the full system, V-stacks and i think you've answered your own question since you ride on the street and all out top end runs & track riding is where the full system shows benefits.

BD

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre sayin dont get the stacks? Is that because they work best with a full system and if I just get a half-system it would be pointless? Thanks for your help BD.

-Brandon

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
to date V-stacks have not proven themselves on any year zx10r with or without additional mods.

do the half system, PC3 and a quality tune and call it good.

BD

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you define "quality tune"? Do you mean a good map for the PC or somethin more involved?

-Brandon

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Bigtuna660 said:
Can you define "quality tune"? Do you mean a good map for the PC or somethin more involved?

-Brandon
actually a custom map for your bike only.

A tuner will begin the process with a base map and then develop it on the dyno so that the A/F ratio is tweeked to give optimum performance throughout the entire powerband.

BD

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotchya. I appreciate your help BD. Got one more for ya and then I should be done for the day. Where is the exup valve located and what is its main purpose? Thanks again for all your help.

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Big Daddy said:
to date V-stacks have not proven themselves on any year zx10r with or without additional mods.

do the half system, PC3 and a quality tune and call it good.

BD
:+1: A full system will give you superior exhaust flow at the top of the power band. Like BD said, go w/ the slip on and custom map.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Bigtuna660 said:
Gotchya. I appreciate your help BD. Got one more for ya and then I should be done for the day. Where is the exup valve located and what is its main purpose? Thanks again for all your help.

-Brandon
the valve is located just behind the collector that contains the CAT and it essentially meters exhaust impulses and adjusts on the fly to aid in giving a seamless like powerband.

BD

·
Registered
86 Posts
On the o6 I don’t know if there would be much difference between the slip and full. The stock header is short and a slip-on just about fits all the way to the front. As of with the 04 the slips on hooks on after the butterfly valve. That’s what I like about the 06 compared to mine. 2 brothers makes a nice slip on for the ten. Along with the fender eliminator it looks good

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate your guys' help. I just placed the order for the Polished Aluminum VALE system from 2bros. I'm looking for a good deal on a PCIII now, and I am thinkin about Ivan's TRE. I know I said no more questions, but another one popped up. What should I do as far as intake goes? Just git a K&N or similar replacement or do you suggest somethin else other than the v-stacks which seems to be not that important based on what I have been told so far. Thanks again for all your help. This site rocks!

-Brandon

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
the OEM filter is quite efficient so the biggest benefit from a K&N or BMC is it can be cleaned and used yet again.

BD

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don’t see the use for stacks. Not enough bang for the buck. I like Ivan’s power commander’s just cuz they already have his map in it and its ready to go. Just plug and play.lol I went with my k&n filter just cuz its reusable. And it cost the same as the stock one. I have already cleaned it about 3 times so you can see where I have already saved money. You will be happy just with the power of the pipe and commander that you won’t care about anything else at the time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I will try and make this short. I bought a Sato slip in the beginning. My bike was so freakin' fast I saw no point in paying for power I would never use!
Took the bike to a guy near Atlanta that used to build engines for V&H Ducati when they raced AMA..needless to say he had a great rep!

He calls me to let me know he is done...I just bought the PC3 and he made me a custom map. The big dif. here is he uses an Eddy current dyno..not the Dynojet with all the conversion factor mumbo jumbo! His message tells me he is impressed. I get there...look at the sheet...whoah...big jump everywhere! I notice at the top it said full system!!! I laughed..told him the truth about the slip..and picked him up off the ground!!!

Riding the bike on the track now...WFO in fourth the bike will come up easily on the power!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The twobros should be here today. I was chattin with one of the service guys at the stealership when I was getting the damper recall taken care of, and he said with that system I will have codes popping up since the cat and exup valve is gone, and also that my low end torque will be gone. Any of this I have to worry about or is he just making uneducated claims? Thanks for your help.

-Brandon

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a full system on my bike akra... when I put it on I had no FI light issues. Then I put a PCIII on and still not errors. I think if it is done correctly you have no issues. Mine is an 06 can't speak for 04-05.

You only get an FI error if you unplug the exhaust servo motor. Leave it pluged in but just disconnect cables.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have a service manual so I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about with the servo motor. I'm assuming it will be obvious when I tear into things. Also, will anything be hurt if I run for a bit without a PCIII and just put the two bros on and go? I will get a PCIII in the future, but not sure how long it will be till I can afford it. Thanks again.

-Brandon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts