Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mat Mladin is a fucking pedophile???

Seven-time AMA Superbike Champion Mat Mladin has been arrested and accused of four child sex offenses in Australia, according to an article published March 25 at DailyTelegraph.com, the online presence of Sydney, Australia’s largest newspaper.
According to author Daniel McGookin, Mladin, age 48, has been charged with sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 10, two counts of intentionally carrying out a sex act on a child under 10, and one count of intentionally inciting a child to perform a sex act.
After a lengthy investigation, according to the article, Mladin was taken into custody on March 13 and spent days in jail before he was released on $50,000 bail and had to surrender his passport.
The matter is being handled in Campbelltown Local Court, in New South Wales, Australia.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,058 Posts
Well, that's probably not the headline he was looking for. Did he hit his head too many times while racing? Or is it just the Suzuki mentality? What a freak. Are they going to strip him of his titles if he gets convicted?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Legacy = Trashed
His legacy was destroying Professional Superbike Racing in the USA by making it as boring as possible for years by cheating with Rider Aids. I assure you that legacy is fully intact. The Suzuki show was just one of many giant mistakes by AMA PRO RACING that lead to the demise of my favorite sport.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
His legacy was destroying Professional Superbike Racing in the USA by making it as boring as possible for years by cheating with Rider Aids. I assure you that legacy is fully intact. The Suzuki show was just one of many giant mistakes by AMA PRO RACING that lead to the demise of my favorite sport.
Fill me in, I never knew of cheating. Ahhhh AMA, I think i missed the boat on most of that. Probably the good years anyway. And i sure as hell was never bored (MotoGP)- too many other great riders to watch.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The Suzuki team was using traction control when it was illegal. They got around the rules by not using a wheelspeed sensor which was prohibited, but they were still violating the spirit of the rules and everyone knew it including AMA Pro Racing. Mladin dominated almost every race while using a highly advanced TC system against bikes using zero TC and reigned supreme until Spies managed to get the exact same Traction Control system that Mladin was using and instantly became Mladin's only real competition. There is a lot more to the story, but time is short and I am busy as all hell currently.

The bottom line is the Suzuki team had been using Traction Control for many years before it became legal for AMA Racing and by that time the learning curve was too much for the other teams to catch up to.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,058 Posts
The Suzuki team was using traction control when it was illegal. They got around the rules by not using a wheelspeed sensor which was prohibited, but they were still violating the spirit of the rules and everyone knew it including AMA Pro Racing. Mladin dominated almost every race while using a highly advanced TC system against bikes using zero TC and reigned supreme until Spies managed to get the exact same Traction Control system that Mladin was using and instantly became Mladin's only real competition. There is a lot more to the story, but time is short and I am busy as all hell currently.

The bottom line is the Suzuki team had been using Traction Control for many years before it became legal for AMA Racing and by that time the learning curve was too much for the other teams to catch up to.
When you have time, I'd be interested in the details on it.

I knew they were using TC. You could hear it clear as day if you were at the track with him. Every turn you'd hear the motor sputtering and missing while he was leaned over. Picked the bike up out of the corner and off he went. It was obvious. What I never did hear was the details on the system they were utilizing. No wheel speed sensors because that was illegal. That was clear. What I never could figure out if they were using just a lean-angle sensor or something to do with the fork travel sensor. I also thought maybe they just had a detailed track map with each corner identified to engage the TC settings as he went into the turns. GPS would be the way to do that, nowadays. Back then it wasn't as accurate for non-military use, but if they were using a couple of their own transmitters around the track for "lap timing" it would be accurate and usable for the TC system they were using.

I'm curious of the details of that now. "Anyone but Mladin" was the thought going into every race so it would be fun to watch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Or was it very precise engine RPM sensing? For a hypothetical direct-drive system, there would be a 1-1 mapping of RPM and wheel speed and in lower gears this might have been adequate? Maybe combined with shock/fork position sensing? I too would be very interested to hear LDH's tales. :geek:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,058 Posts
Or was it very precise engine RPM sensing? For a hypothetical direct-drive system, there would be a 1-1 mapping of RPM and wheel speed and in lower gears this might have been adequate? Maybe combined with shock/fork position sensing? I too would be very interested to hear LDH's tales. :geek:
You're right, with it's easy to do and the way our current bikes work now that they have wheel speed sensors. Back then, they didn't. They had to use something else to manage the igntiion timing when leaned over in the corners. That's why I mentioned the fork sensor also, but that will be more accurate under heavy braking than at high lean angles.

The bottom line was they figured out how to legally cheat! The series has never recovered from that time. Sad.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Im pretty sure what they were using was the TC that Ammar Bazzaz invented, perfected in racing illegally then later has been marketing the past decade, he invented it. He was employed by Yoshimura at the time and tuned for Maladin.

All you ever needed to know about Bazzaz Fuel Management …

After working as a race engineer at Yoshimura R&D for six years and helping Mat Mladin bring home his first 3 AMA Superbike championships, Ammar Bazzaz ...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Wow. Heard so much about this guy just as i was getting into the hobby, had been on the 636 and old zx6r about 5 years before joining this site and his name was everywhere. Fuck that phony fukker. I do miss the WSBK and AMA i was watching around 06 - 2010 or so but realize i missed a bunch by then. Then again the Sykes years were great thankfully.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts