Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if you don't like him, you gotta give him respect. That dude is Awesome! I just finished watching race 1 at Assen. I have no voice from screaming at my TV, lol That was one of the BEST races I have ever seen (and I have seen many since '92). Spies started on Pole, got passed halfway by Haga and Haslam. Then with 3 laps, he passes Haslam, but this pass had BALLS written all over it, he just went inside and stuck to him through a turn. Then at the last lap, on the last 2 corners, Spies comes up on Haga and gets him before the final straight! Sorry for the play-by-play, but I loved every minute of this race. If you're a race fan and have access to watch this race, I highly recommend watching it. Fucking remarkable performance from Spies:deathmeta

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I take it you have not seen Race 2 yet? Well, he is basiaclly just running for wins now, Haga's conscistency is going to win him his championship.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you have not seen Race 2 yet? Well, he is basiaclly just running for wins now, Haga's conscistency is going to win him his championship.
Not yet. Gonna watch it right now!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
anyone have a link to watch that race??? I checked my tv and all thats showing today is the supersport race... I checked and dont see the WSBK race...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Even if you don't like him, you gotta give him respect. That dude is Awesome! I just finished watching race 1 at Assen. I have no voice from screaming at my TV, lol That was one of the BEST races I have ever seen (and I have seen many since '92). Spies started on Pole, got passed halfway by Haga and Haslam. Then with 3 laps, he passes Haslam, but this pass had BALLS written all over it, he just went inside and stuck to him through a turn. Then at the last lap, on the last 2 corners, Spies comes up on Haga and gets him before the final straight! Sorry for the play-by-play, but I loved every minute of this race. If you're a race fan and have access to watch this race, I highly recommend watching it. Fucking remarkable performance from Spies:deathmeta

:+1:

That race was awesome!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Haga will probably win this year, but it will be the last. Spies is pretty impressive considering he's on a new bike and is new to the tracks in the circuit. :eek:ccasion1

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
anyone have a link to watch that race??? I checked my tv and all thats showing today is the supersport race... I checked and dont see the WSBK race...

WATCH THAT RACE<I REPEAT! Watch that race, it was one of the best races I have seen. WSS is so close racing!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
WATCH THAT RACE<I REPEAT! Watch that race, it was one of the best races I have seen. WSS is so close racing!
I did watch that race and WOW that was hell of a race why cant AMA be like that :dontknow: awesome action thats for sure.... they sure ride the shit out of them bikes and to the absolute limits of the bikes... Awesome racing.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Spies is the shite, and from my old hometown of Longview, Texas which I think is badass. I think once he settles down and gets the handle of that R1, he'll win his championship, or maybe a truckload of them. Not his year but possibly next. No one but Haga is in his league and that's a fact.

I can't wait to see the WSS race now!! Thanks guys! :thumbsup: WSBK is real
motorcycle racing!! :ayyy:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
wsbk is def. the best series out there. just watching haga and spies race back and forth all the time is awesome...i have rooted for haga for years..guy never gives up and usually either wins or crashes trying...this year he is doing better at staying on two wheels

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Assen, race 2, Spies's highside:

:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Too bad for Spies this just happens to be the year Haga learns to keep the rubber side down and settle for 2nd if needed. Could Spies be the "Old Haga" (brilliant racer, fun to watch, massive talent, but likely to throw it down to try to win it)? I know it's early to make that assumption, but he's gotta quit crashing that R1 and settle for 2nd sometimes. Likely, Haga will slip up at some point and sitting a close 2nd in points would really help Spies out for his championship bid. For the record, I still think Spies can win it, IF he stops crashing every other race.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
That's amazing

·
Registered
235 Posts
He actually was on a good line, he was just to hot in the corner and his rear wheel hit the dirt and caused the rear to come out from under him. He was pushing it hard to get away early. Haga has a great team behind him, I don't particularly like haga, but he's been going for it for years and this year he will probably win. Spies will make it interesting.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts