Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a sad week and its only going to get worse. The well know Angeles Crest Highway is close in many portions due to a massive fire going on. The area has not burned in over 60 years and my last solo ride up just the week prior had me concerned. Its amazing the things you can see and appreciate when you ride solo and I had a chance to pull over. Bad enough SoCal is in a drought but our mountains are hurting and I was thinking when a fire hits this area, there is nothing to stop it! Some experts are considering letting it burn through to go through all the forest. Once it does it will leave a once beautiful and tranquil ride down to barren waste. It wont be the same for years and years. :dontknow: Prayers to those who lost their homes and to the firefighters doing their best!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
That sux man! Mother nature needs to start taking more showers over there on the westcoast! Here in the north east she stays in the shower! We need a break from her!

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
^^people out here forget that socal is mostly low desert. if we didn't irrigate the feck out of it there would be nothing more than low level sage brush and dirt. some of my favorite rides down in san dog got beat up pretty bad with our fires a few years ago. too bad for ach, hope everyone got out of there ok.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
normally camp pendleton burns every year, it hasnt been that bad this year though. it amazes me how wide the fire breaks are and the flames still jump to the other side.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
that is beautiful riding up there, just sad when i get back it'll be all chared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts