Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, im a little embarresed to post my times but ive only had my bike 1 month and it's only the second time ive been to the track. I went this past saturday and I was running 12.40's-12.20's with 2.5 60fts. Yea, im very much a beginer on my launch but whats funny is my fastest time was a 12.21 @90mph because I let off before the 1000ft mark.

Anyways after that embarresing night I swore I would go every week until I could 60ft good. I went last night and with 2.260fts I was running 11.30's all night but at 135mph. I was half throttleing it all threw first then I would hit it in second. There was a busa slammed, strapped and piped running 10.30's @ 136mph so I figure my 06 is making the power running 135mph but it's all up to me to get it out of it. I know it will take time to get my 60's down but what is an acceptable 60ft out of a stock height 06? Just to see what kind of 60ft's was everybody else cutting when they first started? Any advice would help. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike is bone stock completely, stock height, stock sprockets and stock exhaust. I weigh with gear 220. The bike with me and I full tank of gas weighed in at 655.

·
Registered
415 Posts
bro your makin the 10r look bad naw in all actuallity you really cant drag these newer 1000cc sport monsters in stock form.the least you should do is 16t front sprocket lower the bike in the back so it sits level an strapp the front,this way the bike is still good for street ridin an play at the track alittle.trust me bro with those times your probably gettin clowned hard on the down lo.a decent 60' time for a new rider like yourself ,just try to stay under 1.9s

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, honestly it doesn't bother me to bad beings that everybody I know on 10r's that are cutting 60's lower then 1.9's are strapped and sprocketed. Who is cutting a 1.9 bone stock, not strapped or sprocketed or anything? Thats what I want to see how they are doing it. I want to see how good I can do in bone stock shape.

I did get clowned on by a 03 gsxr 1000 so I told him ok, let me know when you are leaving so we can see how it is on the highway, needless to say he got pulled from 70 to 175 so then it was my turn to laugh and we did it 3 times just to be sure, after that he was cool with me:crackup:

I will eventually slam it, extend it, sprocket it and other things but I just wanted to see what I can get out of it stock. Does anyone have some times bone stock? I know I can get some 1.9's stock but like everyone it will take some time to master it. Thanks Danger

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I cut 1.68 60" bone stock when I first started and Im 200lbs suited. not saying thats good, but its do-able if i can you can, thats for sure

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rated ZX, what were you launching at? How fast were you going when the clutch was full engaged? Man that is a hell of a 60ft! My goal is a 1.8. Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
6000 and you gotta slip it long, with stock gear. Id be about 60 feet out actually before I finally was off the clutch. Be advised i ate 2 sets of clutches riding my 05 10r with stock gear and not lowered. But again Its perfectly do-able. Just be easy until you really start to see where your bike makes power(what rpm) once you find it start leaving at about 1K under that rpm, then later after more seat time, leave at that rpm........

I know its pride in running stock, but if you wanna have more fun, invest in gear,straps and lowering links. Good Luck

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Danger 10r, I will eventually get the dogbone kit and probably go with a 15 tooth in the front but I want to see a 1.9 60ft first but I understand what you are saying.

Rated zx, the bike starts to rip open at 6000 and that is about where I have been launching at but im dumping the clutch to soon and not giving it wot while im slipping it. I will keep you posted as to my improvements.

Sczx10r, thanks a lot man!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
TX06'10r said:
Danger 10r, I will eventually get the dogbone kit and probably go with a 15 tooth in the front but I want to see a 1.9 60ft first but I understand what you are saying.

Rated zx, the bike starts to rip open at 6000 and that is about where I have been launching at but im dumping the clutch to soon and not giving it wot while im slipping it. I will keep you posted as to my improvements.

Sczx10r, thanks a lot man!!
Your gonna go through a lot of clutches launching on a stock 17t....not a good idea, that gearing is not for drag racing. You have to ride the clutch halfway down the track. But on stock gearing, lowered 1.5" in the front and rear(pre strapped) I went 9.82 @ 146 on my bone stock 04', had a little over 200 miles on it. Ill let ya know at the end of the month what this 06 wll do with a 15, slammed and strapped.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I was doing high 1.8's with it stock and slipping the clutch a lot. With it lowered and 2 down in the front I'm running low 1.7's and should get into the 1.6's this year if I can keep the front down. I just replaced my clutch, but the bike had 10k miles and at least 80 or 90 passes on it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My best to date is 10.52 139 1.94 60ft 6.62 113 in the 1/8

My first time out was 12.24 127 600 riders were talkin mad shit I did'nt care cause i was getting 2.7 60's

I said pull it out to the street and they shut up real quick. They were doin 11.50s at 122at best

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Titanium Joe said:
My best to date is 10.52 139 1.94 60ft 6.62 113 in the 1/8

My first time out was 12.24 127 600 riders were talkin mad shit I did'nt care cause i was getting 2.7 60's

I said pull it out to the street and they shut up real quick. They were doin 11.50s at 122at best
I know what you mean, the same shit happened to me. After I raped one of them from 70mph on the hoghway they all backed off. Give it time!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts