Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tore my 04 half apart in November to do a tune up......November 2017 . Just put the new filter, plugs, fuel and got the new battery today. Put it in gear and pulled like hell on wheel, it budged few inches so not locked up. Since you can't even see down tubes I didn't want to just shoot oil aimlessly down them. Figured I'd just bump starter over few times and hope the royal purple that's been in there does its thing. Any insight, suggestions, and prayers would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey there. I don't really get what's going on here.

You say the bike started, walked a few inches and died? What did pulling your bike "half apart" consist of?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I didn't really explain it good. Haven't tried to start it yet . It's on a rear stand and moved the wheel in gear to make sure rings weren't seized to cylinders. It's been sitting almost 5 years . I was stupid and forgot to move in gear with plugs out . Going to try to start it tonight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the grace of The Lord Jesus it started!!!
Took several tries but I figured it would take little while for fuel to get there, plus the 5 year old crap in pump. Not even a puff of smoke . Do I have to drain rad ? I did that like 5 thousand miles ago .

·
Registered
299 Posts
Also worth removing the tank and checking the pump for rust. Water is denser than gas and deposits in the bottom of the pump without you noticing untill you take it apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts