Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the guy 50' and the hit. When I left he had about 8 car lengths on me and was already moving. I caught him, but lost by a fender.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
next time you know to only give him 45'.........at least you ran his ass down though and probably had him sweating when he saw you coming AND gaining!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats exactly what I said TMY.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:lol:..............:eek:ccasion1

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,342 Posts
What distance was it?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What distance was it?
Yeah Jeremy :heyyou:

I suspect you did a trip back to Reno to go play with your buddies out there? :wink:

Anyway going to start hitting the strip again in Sep. and you can come play with my Bloo bike at the raceway. :mrgreen::eek:ccasion1

bloo

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was a money race set up like Pinks. 7 people signed up for the money races. It was a $10 extra buy in and there was a $1000 pot. I was the last to sign up and the eliminations round I had a bye. My friend blew up his n2o zx14 against the SC zo6. So I made it to the semi-finals. Got knocked out of the final round. The final negotiations between the finalists was 2 cars and the hit, runner up got $200, each of the losing semi-finalists got $100 and the winner got $600. So I got $100. Much respect goes to the finalists.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gotta watch it some of those ls powered cars roll out!! I raced a guy on a cbr600 a couple months ago and caught him off guard. We raced 20-140 and the faster we went the harder I was pullin him.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Gotta watch it some of those ls powered cars roll out!! I raced a guy on a cbr600 a couple months ago and caught him off guard. We raced 20-140 and the faster we went the harder I was pullin him.
Good advice......when Cars want to race a bike they always want the hit....I learned that about 19yrs ago a new guy at the time to SportBikes on a VF700 Honda brand new. That bike maybe 12s in a 1/4. Go down to the REAL FAST AND FURIOUS seen back in Los Angeles suburbs......some High School looking kids on a Vega that looked old and slow :badteeth: check my bike out for Nitrous but I had nothing just stock from the show room floor.....bet was for $50.

The Vega mods where Stall converter, Nitrous and who knows what else.

We negotiated for a 3 car lead and they get the HIT.....big MISTAKE they get the HIT....lost by 3 car lengths but if they didn't get the hit I think I would have won.....I didn't care I had so much fun and was glad to just be a part of that racing that day. :cool:

bloo

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I wish I got races from a stoplight. Never do. Well I got one against a C6 Vette, but I was 2 up. Launched on him and pulled prolly a car length, but around 6k the front started coming up cuz I was 2 up. After 50 he kept pullin so I let it go.

All my other races, no lengths. I give em the hit though just so when I run their ass down and laugh, I dont hear any "man, you jumped me."

·
Registered
66 Posts
If a car wants to race a bike they usually have a reason to be confident. When I get my 10 together I wanna get one of my friends to drive my car with the spray and do a 50 roll. I know my car won't beat just wanna see how bad it would be lol

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
If a car wants to race a bike they usually have a reason to be confident. When I get my 10 together I wanna get one of my friends to drive my car with the spray and do a 50 roll. I know my car won't beat just wanna see how bad it would be lol
theres a lot of truth to that. some times you just have to wonder, why does this guy not seem concerned? lol.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
theres a lot of truth to that. some times you just have to wonder, why does this guy not seem concerned? lol.
I'd say ego has slot to do with it

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Well it was a SC Z06... i mean, they are already fast as it is lol
And if the speeds atart getting real high the cars aerodynamics play huge role.

There are a few cars in town that i know not to play with, even on the bike haha

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Me at the time = SWB, -1 front sprocker, baffles, filter, 30 dry shot and custom tuned gen2. Against my good friends 08 ZO6 vette= long tube headers, full catless exhaust, filter, 200 wet shot and custom ECU tuned(tq management off too),
Outcome was me beating him from a roll upto around 155mph though he would jump out ob me if I let him set the speed we went from. People in cars will try and bog you down so NEVER let a car set the race. Either go from a dig which they will refuse, or do a roll race from atleast 50mph.
Soon as I went -1/+2 sprockets I could beat my buddies NOS zo6 from a roll with me off the bottle. He now added a big cam and I won't race him if he sprays unless I spray too. He dyno'd at 673whp on 200 shot with the cam. I still beat him badly from a roll and another 10R with a 40 shot also beats him(gen1). Its all about how you leave even when it's a roll race man. I look at it like this, a street car should never beat a bike and as my buddy adds shit to his zo6, I change gearing.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I raced my friends nitrous, big block 750hp chevelle and beat it.

I thought I could have covered the distance a little faster. I wanted to make it close. I didn't want to annihilate him. It was close, but in his favor.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I'd say ego has slot to do with it
Ego no doubt, I fully agree with you on that one for sure. That and sometimes people just want to see something thats really fast flat out take off. Sometimes though you gotta wonder, why isnt this guy worried about getting smoked? lol.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I raced my friends nitrous, big block 750hp chevelle and beat it.

I thought I could have covered the distance a little faster. I wanted to make it close. I didn't want to annihilate him. It was close, but in his favor.

The NA cars with lots of spray or a SC car does much better than a BIG turbo car because of the turbo lag. It really shows when racing a bike.
I was surprised just how hard the new LSX powered ZO6's pull well up in the triple digits. Damn things go 180+ no problem when the limiter is upped in ECU. Also, the factory tq managemtnt programmeed into ECU really holds the car back. Its supposed to help control wheelspin but it cant be simply turned off like the traction control. Plus, the guys that know shit about their zo6 KNOW to put the car into "competition mode" before running somebody and eliminate the tq management when having car's ecu dyno tuned. The kids driving their dads zo6 have no idea how to get the car in race mode,lol. The modern vettes biggest drawback is their POS clutches. Freakin stock clutch pedal will stick to the floor if it gets too hot like from burnouts or multiple runs. Pricey as hell to pull the torque tube and rear dif mounted trans. Couple grand in labor alone($2200). Ouch!

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Was the vette a c5 or a c6 z06?

Just curious

1 - 20 of 46 Posts