Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need your opinion today I bought a set of bearings for the wheels front - rear and the hub from SKF but they don't say the magic words stainless steel on them. I couldn't find the specific ones in stainless today I had to order them and wait 3 weeks for them. Have I bought the correct alternative set ? Part numbers shows on the pictures. They are also nylon packed so they would prevent the grease to evaporate, should I remove the seal and repack them? Should I get a different brand but stainless what do you guys suggest. Till now I was just changing them at my technicians shop never repacked them every 20k km I was throwing new ones, but after reading posts about bearings that come from the factories without grease I decided to get in to that deeper.

Attachments

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Guys I need your opinion today I bought a set of bearings for the wheels front - rear and the hub from SKF but they don't say the magic words stainless steel on them. I couldn't find the specific ones in stainless today I had to order them and wait 3 weeks for them. Have I bought the correct alternative set ? Part numbers shows on the pictures. They are also nylon packed so they would prevent the grease to evaporate, should I remove the seal and repack them? Should I get a different brand but stainless what do you guys suggest. Till now I was just changing them at my technicians shop never repacked them every 20k km I was throwing new ones, but after reading posts about bearings that come from the factories without grease I decided to get in to that deeper.
I'm an industrial supply salesman and we're a distributor of SKF. That brand is supposed to be the best out there. So you'll be fine even without SS. No need to grease them as they already come pre greased.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is the best brand thats for sure. thats why they have double the price from other brands like nsk koyo fag and 4 times than the chinese made. its just thoughts from other people experience from bearing faults. i never had any issue till now with skf but i was paying 20 euro for each stainless still bearing for the 6005 2rs/c3 stainless today i didnt find them and i bought those.

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
it is the best brand thats for sure. thats why they have double the price from other brands like nsk koyo fag and 4 times than the chinese made. its just thoughts from other people experience from bearing faults. i never had any issue till now with skf but i was paying 20 euro for each stainless still bearing for the 6005 2rs/c3 stainless today i didnt find them and i bought those.
I've never seen a SS bearing in the wheel. From jap bikes I've always seen either Koyo or NTN's and it was just a regular bearing with seals.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never seen a SS bearing in the wheel. From jap bikes I've always seen either Koyo or NTN's and it was just a regular bearing with seals.
they have them in stainless as well mostly people who have boats use them as that size is a common size bearing for a lot of applications like you can use it on a boat trailer that you will actually sink it in the sea for example. it has better life for us using bikes if it can withstand the sea water

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Brandon i have a question for you since you sell those i would like to purchase the front forks low friction seals set for the gen 3 zx10r what are the part numbers for those, as well the bearings seals on the wheels can you find them for me so i can order them ?

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts