Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering to change the wheel bearings other than the stock kawasaki bearings but i dont know what it would be a good idea for an upgraded version. i have read tones about ceramic bearings overpriced and they cant stand regular roads so its only for the race track and the carpets from what i understood even though i was thinking seriously about them. Now i am thinking something like an upgraded version of lower friction bearings from skf (that i have been using in the past on other bikes but for the zx10r i was always paying kawasaki original parts till now that i decided for something better),or any other brand that is reliable. if you have any part number and brand of bearing with tolerances that it would be an upgrade to the stock let me know so i can see what my options are.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,548 Posts
Unless you're going to go with ceramics or ceramic hybrids, there really isn't an upgrade path on the regular ones. The OEM are SKF if I'm not mistaken. If you want lower friction ones, than pony up for the ceramics. Otherwise stick with OEM

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you're going to go with ceramics or ceramic hybrids, there really isn't an upgrade path on the regular ones. The OEM are SKF if I'm not mistaken. If you want lower friction ones, than pony up for the ceramics. Otherwise stick with OEM
OEM i think is something else like NKT nippon something i am just thinking of something just better than standard thats all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts