Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they just came out but has anyone taken the plunge and bought a Bazzazz FI unit ? I'm really itching to hear feedback on if it's better than a PCIII.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
havent heard much but Id love to hear some info about them as well... they have a close loop system as well which I think is freakin TITS!!!!! let us know how it goes man!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
yea i really want to get the closed loop system just need to get some one to weld the bung into my exhaust and no on really wants to do ti

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was actually at the tucker rocky expo for dealers only and the rep was there. He said they are gonna start production this month, and they will be available in the spring. Actually a really good unit being able to 2 maps on it that you can switch to with a flip of a button. Only thing is its kinda expensive and gets more expensive for the more options you want on it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I asked the same question a couple weeks ago. I could not find anyone that has used it so I bought a PC III

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not available yet for the 04-05s like i said the rep told me spring so it should be interesting to try, especially the traction controll unit from how he it explained it to me it could increase your lap times significantly.

·
Registered
224 Posts
We posted at the same time. I guess that would explain why no one has run one yet.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I was actually at the tucker rocky expo for dealers only and the rep was there. He said they are gonna start production this month, and they will be available in the spring. Actually a really good unit being able to 2 maps on it that you can switch to with a flip of a button. Only thing is its kinda expensive and gets more expensive for the more options you want on it.
Sounds like another Durrani wheels, hopefully not.

JJ

·
Banned
10 Posts
I spoke with Bazzaz about a month ago. There still in production. I don't know if you guys know who is, or know about him. He's apparently a bad ass when it comes to fuel injection and motorcycle wiring/ingnition. He ran Yosh for Mladin for something like 5 years. I think these will surpass anything we've seen yet. Our shop had 4 of his products on back order. If you can hold out, I would.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have mine on order, Z-Fi TC. They are due in here soon. I am anxious to try it. I spoke with Amar Bazzaz at a Tucker Rocky dealer show back in August. The product seems pretty awesome and for what you get a better deal than the Dynojet package in any configuration. Plus he has traction control :thumbsup:. Another plus is its all in one unit and the entire unit is about the size of a normal ecu.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
If he pulls this off he is an instant millionare, but then I said the same thing about Durrani wheels and they are probably much closer to bankruptcy than turning a profit.

If this Bazzaz closed loop thing works, you would only need to go to a dyno to see what you got, not for a custom tune. Me thinks this could put a hurting on the dyno people.

They have something similar already for Harleys, according to the rag that came with my last Dennis Kirk order. The article states you need only to drive about 50-75 miles for the system to learn the paremeters needed to meet the A/F ratio you select.

I know I have read several times though that Lambda sensors aren't quick reacting enough for a 13,000 RPM type environment. If thats true, might be the achilles heel.

Well lets find out. Bring it on Mr. Bazzaz. Sooner rather than later. I dont care for the TC, I want the closed loop FI.

But he is advertising this stuff, just like Durrani did, and nothing has materialized, yet......, so I am still skeptical that one man working out of his garage could pull this off. But I hope so.

JJ

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
If he pulls this off he is an instant millionare, but then I said the same thing about Durrani wheels and they are probably much closer to bankruptcy than turning a profit.

If this Bazzaz closed loop thing works, you would only need to go to a dyno to see what you got, not for a custom tune. Me thinks this could put a hurting on the dyno people.

They have something similar already for Harleys, according to the rag that came with my last Dennis Kirk order. The article states you need only to drive about 50-75 miles for the system to learn the paremeters needed to meet the A/F ratio you select.

I know I have read several times though that Lambda sensors aren't quick reacting enough for a 13,000 RPM type environment. If thats true, might be the achilles heel.

Well lets find out. Bring it on Mr. Bazzaz. Sooner rather than later. I dont care for the TC, I want the closed loop FI.

But he is advertising this stuff, just like Durrani did, and nothing has materialized, yet......, so I am still skeptical that one man working out of his garage could pull this off. But I hope so.

JJ
BPD is nothing like durrani. ammar has had numerous products out there for some time. his quickshifters have been out for quite some time. he also makes programmable ecu's.

mladins crew chief for many years. he now helps jordan and his suzuki squad. he is a very smart man that knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't really care about the track..I want to know who bought it for a street application. I'd invest in the complete system as a long term investment for the auto tuning which blows the doors off a PCIII. Has anyone bought one for a street bike ???

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I asked about Fi tuning and Felix el gato said

I saving up now it sound like a awesome product.
Nice...thanks for the info...I may hold out for this as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts