Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that you buy his EFI kit for the zx10 for around $360 and it works like a power commander. But for anouther $350 and a bung welded to your exhaust it can become a closed loop self tuning system. You tell the computer via laptop what target a/f ratio and the computer adjusts by itself. Any info on this....anyone?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Its been touted as 'the' next tuning tool and a few guys here have talked about it for their zx6r's. There was also a vid someone posted with Bazzaz himself along with users of the system.

BD

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I am told that closed loop is too slow for dynamic adjustments, best for steady state cruising type stuff.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I am told that closed loop is too slow for dynamic adjustments, best for steady state cruising type stuff.
I have also heard the same thing that the wideband sensor screwed into the pipe is unable to keep pace especially where motorcycles are concerned.

I hope it works. I have seen a screen shot of the Bazzaz software and it appears there is a seperate trim map for each gear where the PC is generally maped in 4th, which is a compromise.

I have a great PIX of the screen shot, but alas it is to large a file to post here.

JJ

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I have also heard the same thing that the wideband sensor screwed into the pipe is unable to keep pace especially where motorcycles are concerned.

I hope it works. I have seen a screen shot of the Bazzaz software and it appears there is a seperate trim map for each gear where the PC is generally maped in 4th, which is a compromise.

I have a great PIX of the screen shot, but alas it is to large a file to post here.

JJ
Hey, JJ, post the pics on Image shack and use the tags, I would like to see those pics , this product defianately has potential, but as of now it seems unproved, I could go check out the gixxer board, but who wants to go there, lol.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Hey, JJ, post the pics on Image shack and use the tags, I would like to see those pics , this product defianately has potential, but as of now it seems unproved, I could go check out the gixxer board, but who wants to go there, lol.
send me an email and I will email it to you.

[email protected]

I had your email address somewhere but seem to have lost it.

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
9R to 10R, your email received and replied to. Let me know if you don't get it. Its 9:34AM EST. Be away from the puter for about an hour.

JJ

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Heres the screen shot jimmy sent me,as you can see the software alows for fuel tuning trim setting in each gear, pretty cool stuff, hope they get the bugs worked out and to marketm lots of potential. Supposedly Jordan Suzuki had been using the BAZAZZ setup on their superbikes, but according to the article in the current RRW magazine, the Jordan team is using Yosh EMS, and just the BAZAZZ shifter setup.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think the closed loop system is a cool idea if it only self tunes or compensates for elevation change and climate change. Remember when tuning you do not always tune for stoich or one set A\F ratio. Now if you get a custom map done and get the A|F Ratio for every cell at every RPM and the Bazzaz allows you to set the A|F ratio according to the custom map for every cell the way you want then cool. So it will adjust for elevation and climate keeping your bike at optimum power. But this is all in theory. I hope people do not think that they can buy the entire closed loop setup and hook it up and they will the best tune possible. It just doesn't work that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts