Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
It's expensive and I can't see the cost/performance justification....

I have the Bazzaz controller and auto tune...

It is really neat to hook up your laptop and play with the settings....

·
Registered
236 Posts
hello

I was wondering if some of you have tried it and tell me about it

http://www.bazzazperformance.com/in...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

:thumbsup:
Its the best thing ever made but you only need the TC if you race on the street its pointless.

Hey older guy, how can you not see the cost/performance??
The Bazzaz TC unit is like buying 2 PCIII usb and a Ignition Modual and a Quickshifter...so tell me again how you can't see it............:heyyou:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've "lost" traction on the rear tire quite a few times on road, so I would really like proper traction control on my bike.

The roads here in Norway are horrible, and with all the power of the 10R, one really has to be featherlight with the throttle. Even 600's struggle when you hit cracks, gravel and bumps on our lousy roads. It's a lot scarier to spin the rear on road than on track (when one is 100% focused at going fast). In the wet, it would really rock.

In my mind, traction control should be a standard on all bikes, just like most cars have theese days.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've "lost" traction on the rear tire quite a few times on road, so I would really like proper traction control on my bike.

The roads here in Norway are horrible, and with all the power of the 10R, one really has to be featherlight with the throttle. Even 600's struggle when you hit cracks, gravel and bumps on our lousy roads. It's a lot scarier to spin the rear on road than on track (when one is 100% focused at going fast). In the wet, it would really rock.

In my mind, traction control should be a standard on all bikes, just like most cars have theese days.
well if you set up the TC way sensitive and a high amount of retard timing i guess you'll like it lol. To me the bazzaz TC unit is the best thing that has been made for a bike in the past 10 years

·
Registered
102 Posts
ive had plenty of ride time with my buddys 07 10r that makes quite a bit power over stock and the problem that i noticed with this unit is that when the tire slips, it has a pause or delay in power, its very brief but i could definitely notice it when in WOT.

for track, probably better that you control your rear tire with your throttle, and not rely on something to monitor it for you.
i would assume that on the track you can slip your tire a bit without losing complete traction, the TC unit doesnt want to let you get that far from total traction - resulting in a delay in power delivery, if your exiting a corner and this delay kicks in, you just lost your linear power curve just when you needed it most..

thats just my .02

in other thoughts, for street riding on a powerful bike or maybe a less experienced rider on the track, this seems to be a really good idea

p.s.- without the TC it rips loose sideways and picks up the front relatively violently, and it doesnt take much to control, basically does it all by itself, you just gotta have undies on tight enough to keep your cool!

·
Registered
236 Posts
On the track the TC really doesn't make you faster it just keep you fast 10 laps into a race, so racing wise think of TC more of a tire saver of somewhat

ive had plenty of ride time with my buddys 07 10r that makes quite a bit power over stock and the problem that i noticed with this unit is that when the tire slips, it has a pause or delay in power, its very brief but i could definitely notice it when in WOT.

for track, probably better that you control your rear tire with your throttle, and not rely on something to monitor it for you.
i would assume that on the track you can slip your tire a bit without losing complete traction, the TC unit doesnt want to let you get that far from total traction - resulting in a delay in power delivery, if your exiting a corner and this delay kicks in, you just lost your linear power curve just when you needed it most..

thats just my .02

in other thoughts, for street riding on a powerful bike or maybe a less experienced rider on the track, this seems to be a really good idea

p.s.- without the TC it rips loose sideways and picks up the front relatively violently, and it doesnt take much to control, basically does it all by itself, you just gotta have undies on tight enough to keep your cool!

·
Registered
100 Posts
olderguy, how do you like your bazzaz controller and autotune? I was thinkin bout gettin this set up for my zx10 rather than a PC unit. The autotune sounds really nice.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
olderguy, how do you like your bazzaz controller and autotune? I was thinkin bout gettin this set up for my zx10 rather than a PC unit. The autotune sounds really nice.
I like it...but it isn't perfect yet...my bike still has a lag between closed throttle and open throttle....I have tried several settings....using the laptop connected to the bike....can get it better and not close to the '04 I had...but that's probably more of a factor due to the can and mid pipe I have....

·
Registered
100 Posts
LOL kims is kawasaki's stab at traction control but they won't call it that due to legal reasons to the best of my understanding!!

Older guy, do you have the 02 sensor thing that's supposed to tune it in a closed circuit? Do you tune it with that or no?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts