Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I had the QS4 USB installed while I was stationed in Germany then that very same day was when the rivets in my clutch basket destroy my engine. Finally back in the States and just picked my bike up from the local shop and noticed the quickshifter isn't working. I loaded the software on my computer and all of the timings are set to 45ms, but it still isn't working properly.

Anyone has any ideas?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
How do you know it's not working? Does the software indicate the switch working properly? Have you road tested it? Tested it on a rear stand? Error codes or anything?

45ms across the board is way too tight. Mine is set to 80ms on the 1-2 shift and then 10ms drop for each subsequent shift point. But that should be set after you verify the unit is working.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power light and Diag light are lit up blue when the bike is on. Loaded the software and made the recommended changes changes to the cutoff times. I don't have a stand so I road tested it and it still won't shift unless I use the clutch or let off the throttle and power shift. No error codes that I can see.

How do you know it's not working? Does the software indicate the switch working properly? Have you road tested it? Tested it on a rear stand? Error codes or anything?

45ms across the board is way too tight. Mine is set to 80ms on the 1-2 shift and then 10ms drop for each subsequent shift point. But that should be set after you verify the unit is working.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
The power light and Diag light are lit up blue when the bike is on. Loaded the software and made the recommended changes changes to the cutoff times. I don't have a stand so I road tested it and it still won't shift unless I use the clutch or let off the throttle and power shift. No error codes that I can see.

That's great and all, but did the Software Show the switch getting activated when you moved the pedal? It's typically the switch that is the issue. I thought the Software would show the switch getting triggered in real time if you watch it with the bike on.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started it up and put went from neutral to 1st and then 2nd but nothing changed on the shift light. When I power down the Diag and Switch lights both turn orange/red.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
I started it up and put went from neutral to 1st and then 2nd but nothing changed on the shift light. When I power down the Diag and Switch lights both turn orange/red.

Well there's your issue. If the soft light doesn't trigger when the pedal is moved, then the switch is not registering. You've got an issue there that you need to figure out. Could be wiring from the switch to the controller or the switch itself.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,856 Posts
Make sure you don't have a Gp shift switch running normal shift and Vice versa

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Be careful with too short kill time, it can cause premature transmission fork wear, or you can even bend the forks if you press the shifter hard enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts