Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and didn't really find any direct comparisons between the quick shifter types available.

I'm thinking of finally going this route on my Gen III. I already have a PCV with re-flashed ECU on my bike and looking into the options for adding a quick shifter. Anyone have any experience between the stand-alone Bazzaz unit vs. the DynoJet quick shifter expansion module? I'm not really a fan of the fuel-cut type as it seems like the ignition cut would be more direct and immediate with more adjustability for kill times, but I could be wrong on that.

I'm leaning towards the Bazzaz QS4USB stand-alone unit as it comes with everything neatly packaged together and the shift switch design looks less obtrusive than the bulky DJ switch. The price difference between the two is less than $50 if I was to go the QEM (the SFM is would put it more than the Bazzaz setup). The DJ QEM/SFM is the fuel type kill while the Bazzaz QS4 is ignition based.

Thoughts from the experts on this? Recommendations? Anyone selling a slightly used QS4USB for GP shift??? Thanks in advance!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mods...is it OK for me to :postwhore in my own thread? :thumbsup:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Static IP...if I was going to go to Starbucks on my bike, which QS module would help me get there the fastest???

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I personally like the Bazzaz stand alone though I haven't used it yet. I have all DJ electronics on my bike right now but the stand alone QS from Bazzaz is bad ass in it's simplicity and smaller size like you said. Post up how you like it IF you get it.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the posts guys.

ZX10Miami: did you go with the SFM for tuning the upper injectors as your primary goal, or did you go with that for the QS function? I ask because I'm not really interested in getting the injectors tuned, just the QS function. Glad to hear that you guys are both pleased with the DynoJet stuff.

Still wondering if there's any advantages to ignition kill vs. fuel cut? I don't know if there is or not, but thanks for the info!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally like the Bazzaz stand alone though I haven't used it yet. I have all DJ electronics on my bike right now but the stand alone QS from Bazzaz is bad ass in it's simplicity and smaller size like you said. Post up how you like it IF you get it.
If you had the choice now, would you still go DJ or opt for the Bazzaz unit? Just curious what made you go that route. :helmet:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I dont have the standalone Bazzaz, but I have there ZFi TC which has QS built in, and its great. smooth fast and adjustable just like you mentioned.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Thanks for the posts guys.

ZX10Miami: did you go with the SFM for tuning the upper injectors as your primary goal, or did you go with that for the QS function? I ask because I'm not really interested in getting the injectors tuned, just the QS function. Glad to hear that you guys are both pleased with the DynoJet stuff.

Still wondering if there's any advantages to ignition kill vs. fuel cut? I don't know if there is or not, but thanks for the info!
Ignition cut VS fuel cut is really the big difference for nitrous guys as the sudden on/off of fuel can trigger a nitrous backfire and mess shit up internally.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I went with the DJ stuff because the Bazazz was really new at the time and I run nitrous and wanted the DJ multifunction hub+ bar mounted map selector switch so I can change maps while riding down the road. I haven't had a single problem. I probably would have went with a PCV from DJ along with the hub and switch though but did not know it would work on a Gen2 at the time which has been proven to work now. I have a bung welded onto my header collector already for wideband gauge and dyno tuning so the PCV would be my choice. I don't want TC and that is what Bazazz has over DJ and the road track guys love that adjustablilty+ add on features of the Bazazz. Plus DJ has the ignition module which I DO want to get and program both my maps for different timing settings for on and off the bottle. Bazazz can't do that.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^^ :ayyy: Thanks again for the information. That makes sense.

Probably going to go with the QS4 for the reasons stated above. If so, I'll be back to post up a review.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
^^^^ :ayyy: Thanks again for the information. That makes sense.

Probably going to go with the QS4 for the reasons stated above. If so, I'll be back to post up a review.
Keep us updated on what you use and how you like it man. I've been bouncing back and forth too as I have DJ stuff now but Bazazz stand alone QS is smaller/simpler. Choices, choices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts