Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
good stuff, they make one hell of a nice powershifter setup as well.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah their stuff is pretty cool looking, I wish power commander would come out with something like that but then again if people could just buy 2 things and not have to get on their dyno's to tune anymore I'm sure a lot of people would be pissed.

They are in the new parts unlimited catalog as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The traction control unit is the best idea/product i've heard of. Perfect for the high Hp litre bikes. Unless it doesn't end up working as well as advertised.

·
Registered
798 Posts
thankfully i have waited to buy a powercommander i'll just get that closed loop will be nice

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
That self mapping feature would be extremely cool, for street riders, no more "I need a map" posts. Wonder if there is going to be a steup that incorporates the quickshifter, TC and the o2 sensor self maping feature.

·
Registered
798 Posts
now i just need to find an euro cat pipe so i can get the 02 sensor bung

tohught thats only going to be off to cylinders where the hell could you put this ? maybe right before the exhaust valve but is that going to be to far from the engine ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
OK. Now who is gonna spend the $800 or so beans to get the "self-tuning" set-up. To do it right you will need before and after pulls on the same dyno. I am really excited about this and cant wait to read results.

·
Registered
798 Posts
if i can find away to get the o2 sensor welded in im gonna do it

just can't figure out where to weld the bung on and where to get a titanium bung

if theres any uk riders that wanna trade cat pipes i could try that

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
OK. Now who is gonna spend the $800 or so beans to get the "self-tuning" set-up. To do it right you will need before and after pulls on the same dyno. I am really excited about this and cant wait to read results.
Definaatly an alternative to a PCII and Kwak Race ECU if it works out like its advertised.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
if i can find away to get the o2 sensor welded in im gonna do it

just can't figure out where to weld the bung on and where to get a titanium bung

if theres any uk riders that wanna trade cat pipes i could try that
you can weld stainless bungs to titanium with the right filler rod, and gas purging the exhaust, its a pain in the ass but a good welder can do it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
would one side of the cat be alright ? or should i do it on the mid pipe right after the cat ?

im hoping i can do it right on the cat lol i can take that out i can't get my mid pipe out with out drilling out the mangled screws from the gusset plate

·
Registered
788 Posts
i would prob do before the cats. the cat cleans up the exhaust and if it has Palladium it will release oxygen messing up the air/fuel, the evo 2 full system has a bung on it for the 04-05 dont know on the 2nd gen.

looks like there is no listing for the 04-05 so maybe i am SOL

·
Registered
798 Posts
i have the cats gutted even so the mount for the 02 sensors is before the actual cat material

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
You guys talking about getting bungs welded and stuff should not really waste your time with this. Unless you are running a full system (most good ones have bungs already welded in) you really would not need this system. If you are running bolt ons or a slip on you really are probably not even needing a PCIII all that bad, getting this setup would be a bit of overkill.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts