Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bazzaz or pcv? What's are people using and why. I have the guhls reflash had my bike on the dyno put out 168Hp and the torque was all over the place at one point it hit 208lbs of torque I got my money back never going back to that place. Going to go on the dyno this week however depending air ratio looking for my next mod to be bazzaz or PVC unsure of which one I will be adding the quick shift. And this winter I wanna change gearing and possibly cams.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
PCV has better tuning resolution. 250rpm increments versus the Bazzaz 500rpm

Bazzaz has a better quick shifter, and you have to buy additional parts for the QS on the PCV.

Bazzaz has control for both sets of injectors. Not needed, but great to have if you ever plan on doing engine work, nitrous, or turbo etc. You have to buy a secondary fuel module for the PCV in order to use both sets of injectors.

PCV is smaller

Both will get you the results you want. So think about what you plan on doing in the future with the bike.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
If your torque was all over the place, so should be your hp

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
uhm, your dyno shop sounds like they were having problems...

and a pcv is easier to use and will result in a better tune, but really its a toss up, baz wont be bad, it's good, just not as good as the pcv.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Bazaaz is significantly cheaper through riders discount. Unless your planning on highly modifying your bike its worth it. If you want the quick shift option look into annitari (sp) its a stand alone unit and cheaper than bazaaz and pc.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I felt the bazzaz was a little nicer made too.

The pcv has a few cool features you can get if you contact them though. (not very useful for the average person)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my money back from the place that did the dyno. My HP line looked fine only a small area that flat lined during mid range which I thought the reflash would take out. I'm taking it to a different place.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I change from a pc to the bazzaz zfi. Like the software like the results. No need for a secondary fuel control as stated before. Only thing i don't like and don't know this prior to the switch is that bazzaz doesn't have anything for ignition timing control. Again. Only really important if your running aggressive fuels nitrous or turbo. Would be nice if they had something.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you are just trying to tune on a Guhl's flash and simple bolt ons, then the PCV and the Bazzaz primary units do the same exact thing as one another. I asked the guy who tuned my bike the same question.

·
Vendor
6,689 Posts
The PCV and Bazzaz are both great options. We use Bazzaz on our track only race bikes and couldn't be happier. Boosted is exactly right, the Bazzaz controls all 8 injectors out of the box where the PCV will require use of their Ignition Module or secondary fuel module on the ZX10. The PCV is more what I recommend for a standard street guy (simple download and good) and Bazzaz for trackday/racing. The Bazzaz Zfi-TC setup has come down in pricing and includes traction control and quickshifter- everything you need is in one box. It all comes down to what you plan on doing with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took my bike into a different place Monday results were 178Hp and 80lbs of torque. This place doesn't tune bikes other then power commander and I was leaning towards bazzaz because of the package option with quick shift and traction control.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Took my bike into a different place Monday results were 178Hp and 80lbs of torque. This place doesn't tune bikes other then power commander and I was leaning towards bazzaz because of the package option with quick shift and traction control.
What gen do you have?

For the 4th gen you dont need the TC function, the TC from the bike is better than the Bazzaz.

In actuality is very hard to tune the Bazzaz TC, racers actually have different tunes for different track. I saw a video from Bazzaz giving you a baseline.

What you could do, if you dont have anyone who can tune the Bazzaz, is get a PCV and the quickshifter from Bazzaz separate since it is a stand alone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts