Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the Bazzaz TC, QS, FI, & Auto tune.
I have had this installed on the 08 ZX10 since last summer. Everything seemed to be working properly.
3 weeks ago I was playing with the Autotune. The bike was running a little rich.

I pulled the autotune off after a track day 2 weeks ago. Last weekend I was out again. My QS & TC arnt working. I am not getting any cut to the coils.

Ive been on the phone with Bazzaz a few times. We did find that I wasnt getting proper TC map to my bike when it was working. I had Ivans TRE installed. When I plugged the bike into the Laptop & went through the gears,(on a stand) it would only display 1st gear on the Bazzaz software in every gear. Therefore I was getting my 1st gear settings for the TC in every gear.
I pulled the TRE. Wired it back to the OEM harness. Checked all the Bazzaz connections. Fired up the bike. Ran it while the Bazzaz software was running. All the gears display properly. The QS lights on the main Bazzaz box brighten when I apply pressure, the light on the actuator comes on when I apply pressure. But I cannot get any ign cut to the coils. WTF:dontknow:

Any sugestions?

NOTE: I have a speedo off a 07 ZX10. I do not get the gear displayed. Not sure if that would make a difference.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can try that. It was working at the factory settings.

Another NOTE. I have a brand new Bazzaz that I tried a hr ago. Thinking the main unit was toast. It doesnt work either.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I can try that. It was working at the factory settings.

Another NOTE. I have a brand new Bazzaz that I tried a hr ago. Thinking the main unit was toast. It doesnt work either.
if the unit react to your input but the engine do nothing, it's probably a connection problem (to the coil)

have you tried to put the stock map provided with the unit? if it works, you probably screw somthing on your map (hidden code) and should redo your map.
Copy each cell by hand on a new map...

do you have the trim switch?....

let us know

·
Registered
267 Posts
My trim switch went bad, TC trim was either off or +5. It seems you have a gremlin, I would re check all the connections. Especially since all was well until you changed something.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The handlebar trim switch works, map switch works. Gear position calibration in the Dianostics software works. WTF?

I did change the cuts times on the QS, no change, no cuts.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11 pm. Still stumped. I changed out the FI harness(part of the harness connects to the 10 wire gray OEM connection. Still no luck.
Fuel maps seem to be working. Everything in the diagnostics display says this thing should be cutting spark.

Fricken weird. Another note(for those who might have some input) This bike was quick shifting perfectly when I had the Ivans TRE on it last yr, & the 1st 2 track days I had it out this Yr. I dont think it was getting the proper TC maps, it was just getting the 1st gear map. But, it was cutting spark under hard acceleration & it was cutting spark when shifting.
Now no ign cuts. Could this have something to do with the speed sensor? Speedometer seems to be working.

Anybody else got any sugestions?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Small update.

The NEW Bazzaz unit is working. I not not sure what I did to make it work(which kinda pisses me off) I will install the old Bazzaz unit next week & see if its working.

If it is, I will be selling a Slighty used(1 practice day, 1 race day) Bazzaz FI, QS, & TC for a Gen 3 ZX10

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thats odd? I just took my bike for a spin after re installing the replacement TC switch. Bazzaz checked my ZFI TC unit and said all was well.
After test ride I came home and re started the bike and it ran on only 2 cylinders, then died and would not run. I walked away for an hour (to deep breath) then checked connections to ZFI, and it started again and ran normally.......
Weird

·
Registered
267 Posts
JDSX

I found my power to Bazzaz was a tiny bit loose, that fixed my problem of runnig on just 2 cylinders and dying.
However after a short ride yesterday my QS would not work, no cut!!! I realised the shift rod lock nuts had come slightly loose (maybe a couple turns). I snugged everything down and now it all works perfect....

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just re-installed my old unit. It will not QS & I cannot get ign cuts at full TC. The old unit (or wiring harness) is toast. Good thing for warranties :)

Note. I will assume my new unit worked from day 1. I did not do a road test. I just had it on the rear wheel stand & held it at 4000 rpm while appling a load with the rear brake. It wouldnt QS, so I assumed the TC wouldnt work either.

GPfan,,,Glad U pin pointed your problem. These things when set right, can keep a guy out of alot of trouble.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:confused:

I sent both units & the ign cut harness to Bazzaz. Although my QS was working on the new unit. I do not think the TC was.

I went into the software & set all TC sensitivity settings to 10, cut levels to 10, turned the Handlebar dial to +5. Took the bike out on the street. Could not get any ign cuts to the engine at WOT in 2nd & 3rd gear.

:dontknow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts