Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on a Bazzaz QS4 stand alone quick shifter onto my 2011 ZX10R and I ran into some mounting issues. The lead for the sensitivity adjustor is very short. So finding a place to mount it where it is accessible is very difficult. I was gonna mount it under the tank but then Its hard to get to it for any adjustment. Unless its a set it and forget it thing in which case it wouldn't matter where it was, I might be able to squeeze it in above the countershaft sprocket since I will be having the cover off. Im just not sure how delicate this thing is to being exposed to elements like that (wind, moisture, dirt, etc). Anyone put one of the these on your bikes?

·
Crash Test Dummy
820 Posts
I'm not understanding this. I've had The QS4 on many bikes and never had a problem locating the device anywhere that I wanted to. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong component.

But the hub itself (the box that has a mini USB port for adjustments) isn't something I'd leave exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The new strain gauge sensor has two leads, one lead controls the sensor sensitivity and the other connects into the harness. I've been looking at where to mount that as well. I may tune the qs on my buddies dyno and then just leave it under the seat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just put a qs4 on my '11, it was relatively easy finding a place to mount the mini hub for sensitivity adjustment. I just put it underneath the seat, wherever it's clean and won't bounce around. Your qs4 should have come with some Velcro, it works great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes its the sensitivity adjuster. So it sounds like once its adjusted properly you rarely touch it again so it doesn't matter where you put it. I will mount it under the seat then. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts