Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,,, im starting to install my exhaust,pc3usb and tre,,,, should i disconnect the battery? thanks :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
yea your gonna need to anyhow to hook up the pc3
I didn't pull my tank off but some may find it easier to do so.
the airbox sucks so take your time and there are three things total on it that have to be unhooked ones obvious the other tow not so much.
there is a hose coming off the gas tank vent that may come unhooked and a large hose coming off the back of the airbox and a clear hose coming off the airbox on the left side (if you were sitting on the bike)
then there is just the one connector that plugs into the airbox (Right side rear).
you have to swivel the aribox out of the frame but it takes a little expierimenting to get it out of there. I could do it again much easier but it was a little tough the first time.
other then that the install of the pc was pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
full exhaust or just a slip-on?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a full akro,, and im doing the tre, pc3 and block off plates, cool i'll disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok,, the bike is totaly friggon apart,,, and i would at least have the exhaust done tonight,, but i have no gaskets. :BangHead: but im haveing trouble understanding the tre install :dontknow: , the way it reads is makeing me beleve that the tre has 2 conectors, but it only has one.any help would be great.. be right back,, going to the store.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You don't need new gaskets. I put a muzzy stainless steel f/s on and just torqued the nuts to 12 lb-ft. No leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts