Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a megaboost battery from cycle gear and have had nothing but problems. After 40k miles I felt my stock battery getting a little weak, so I bought the megaboost... they charged it for a couple hours before I picked it up. put it in the next day... and nothing. I had to push start. ended up running it for a good 2-4 weeks before my bike sat for about 2-3weeks. Tried to turn it on and nothing. Took it to them, charged it till it said 100%. Put it in my bike yesterday, ran it to work, to school, and then back home tonight. Stopped to talk with the security guard so he can see my bike (will post pictures this week... hint phrase: all carbon). I left the bike on as we talked for a little, shut it off, then turned the key so he can see my tail light on without the bike working for less then a minute... get on to turn it on and go home.... you guessed it... could not turn on. :dontknow: anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fire up... makes the dead battery noise. Anyone know what battery I'm talking about? maybe heard feedback?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Check your charging system first by removing the seat to access battery.Make sure the battery is good by doing a load test on it before you do this test;
Start your bike up and let it run at idle.Connect a digital volt meter to the battery.You should have around 12 volts at idle.Now throttle the bike up to 3 or 4 thousand RPM.You should now read around 14 volts.If it does,charging system is good.If it doesn't it's bad.
So if you load test the battery and it's good.Test the charging system and it's good the only thing left is a draw(short).
If that's the case.With the key off, take the negative lead off the battery.Connect a digital amp meter between the negative lead and the negative post on the battery.You shouldn't have much over 1.5 amp draw.

Granted I don't know if you have a Digital meter or know how to operate it.But you asked.Hope this helps you out.PM me if you need more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts