Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, its been a colder than normal winter here in Atlanta, and I haven't been able to ride as much as usual throught the winter. I've only been cranking the bike up every couple of weeks to attempt to keep the battery charged. Well Sunday I pulled her out and she crunk right up the first time. I let it run until the engine got warm, then shut it off. Waited a few minutes and tried to crank it back up. I got a few turns and then just a fast CLICKING sound. Tried turning the key and back on again, had the normal power on sequence with the fuel pump and speedometer. This time just fast clicking.

I ended up push starting the bike. I rode it for a few miles hoping that everything would be OK. shut it off and it crunk right back up.

So, I waited until yesterday (Tuesday) to try it againg and low and behold, I got about 5 turns on it and then the fast CLICKING again. It also resets the startup sequence with the fuel pump and speedometer.

It is an 06 with the original battery, so that is my first instinct as the problem. But, this clicking worries me, and the speedometer comes up fine when I turn it on.

What do you guys think? Battery, Voltage Regulator, Stator?

:dontknow:

Thanks for you help in advance!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
battery

·
Registered
448 Posts
i have a 06 and my battery has been going bad for a while.it wont keep time,it cranks slow alot like it aint going to start.but it always does my opinion i say replace battery.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Battery,the fast clicking is the relays buzzing cause there's not enough power.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
besides the other good advise you better check your battery connections...meaning make sure they are secure/clean at the battery terminals...easy check.

bloo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts