Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery is starting to fade in my Gen1. I have been looking online at the different brands available but cannot decide what to get. The stock battery lasted 8 years and the replacement I bought only lasted two years. I'd like to not have to replace another battery after two years. Any recommendations?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
8 years! Holy shizz-o man. That's a miraculously long time. I did the Shorai Lithium in mine and really liked it. I can only attest for it being good for about 2 years as I just sold the bike but its super light weight.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
My stock one was a yuasa lasted for 5yrs just recently replaced it with same one. Figure if it lasted that long its worth geting same brand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8 years! Holy shizz-o man. That's a miraculously long time. I did the Shorai Lithium in mine and really liked it. I can only attest for it being good for about 2 years as I just sold the bike but its super light weight.
Yeah, that was surprisingly long time for the stock battery. I never even kept it maintained with a battery tender. The one that lasted only two years I used a tender on it after every ride hoping it would last longer. Oh well. I'll look at that Shorai and compare it to others. Thanks for the info.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My stock one was a yuasa lasted for 5yrs just recently replaced it with same one. Figure if it lasted that long its worth geting same brand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yup...that stock battery seems to last a while. For me and you anyway. Might have to just go back to that one. The replacement I used does not even have a name. Just some generic replacement I bought locally when the stock battery suddenly died.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts