Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rear tire is about flush at the wear bar so maybe one more ride. This tire seems to be considered the best all around in terms of everything and wears out 9000 miles. All I ride is mountain twisties. Anyone have then on their bike and can give some feedback on your findings/mileage?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Uhmm.. define best.

You want sticky? Q3/q3+ or the high end perelli. Everything else is a compromise

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhmm.. define best.

You want sticky? Q3/q3+ or the high end perelli. Everything else is a compromise
My biggest concern is wear...2000 miles out of a rear tire. Next would be decent grip for mountain twisties. I'm leaning enough to fully utilize tire but not enough to drag knee nor would I want to.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The BT023 is an older model and is no longer made. Bridgestone replaced them with the improved T30 line.

I've been a Bridgestone guy from the beginning and started out with the BT-016 OEMs followed by BT-016 Pros, S20 Evos, S21s and now I'm on the T30 Evos. All my previous tires have been in the hypersport category while the T30 Evos are my first sport touring tire which I'm trying out to see if the tires last longer.

I'm too busy to get much fun time on my bike and 95% of my mileage is highway commuting so I always have to deal with my tires squaring off.

I'd have to say that the T30 Evos are performing admirably compared to the S21s and seem to be providing ample "sport" for my weekend needs. With my TC normally set to off, I've had a few more power induced slippy moments on cold/wet mornings with the T30 vs. the hypersports of past. The wear seems a tad slower on the T30 but I haven't put a ton of miles on it yet.

Overall I'm happy so far with the T30 Evos. It's also confidence inspiring to know that the Honda Ron Haslam superbike school in England equips their fleet with the T30 Evo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The BT023 is an older model and is no longer made. Bridgestone replaced them with the improved T30 line.

I've been a Bridgestone guy from the beginning and started out with the BT-016 OEMs followed by BT-016 Pros, S20 Evos, S21s and now I'm on the T30 Evos. All my previous tires have been in the hypersport category while the T30 Evos are my first sport touring tire which I'm trying out to see if the tires last longer.

I'm too busy to get much fun time on my bike and 95% of my mileage is highway commuting so I always have to deal with my tires squaring off.

I'd have to say that the T30 Evos are performing admirably compared to the S21s and seem to be providing ample "sport" for my weekend needs. With my TC normally set to off, I've had a few more power induced slippy moments on cold/wet mornings with the T30 vs. the hypersports of past. The wear seems a tad slower on the T30 but I haven't put a ton of miles on it yet.

Overall I'm happy so far with the T30 Evos. It's also confidence inspiring to know that the Honda Ron Haslam superbike school in England equips their fleet with the T30 Evo.
Thanks for your response. Must of caught an old thread about them. I'll research the t30. I just want a longer lasting tire that still has relatively good grip. I never track day so I see no point having the stickiest high wear tire.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
800 miles on rs10 rear; can't afford that, but use the rs10 m on front for about 4k miles or so; sides wear out first.

Get this tire for our bike for rear only:

https://www.jakewilson.com/p/1162/53305/Metzeler-Sportec-M7-RR-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire

the met m7 rr; use oem rear sprocket unless you went 16 on front. Vortec sproc on rear ok, but watch for wear; this tire grips and spins but pressurse the rear sprocket. ot sure about the other new met tires noted at jakes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
800 miles on rs10 rear; can't afford that, but use the rs10 m on front for about 4k miles or so; sides wear out first.

Get this tire for our bike for rear only:

https://www.jakewilson.com/p/1162/53305/Metzeler-Sportec-M7-RR-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire

the met m7 rr; use oem rear sprocket unless you went 16 on front. Vortec sproc on rear ok, but watch for wear; this tire grips and spins but pressurse the rear sprocket. ot sure about the other new met tires noted at jakes.
I believe you posted on the wrong topic

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
sorry, never figured anyone would try a sport tour tire on a 10r

try power 4; that one is super hard. And don't think about sprockets.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
023 for this bike is OK, if your not pushing it.
T30 EVO is good

but I use S21... fenomenal

I have used them all

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
023 for this bike is OK, if your not pushing it.
T30 EVO is good

but I use S21... fenomenal

I have used them all
Am I "pushing it on the street?" That definition is wide spread. I live an hour from blue ridge parkway and other great twisty roads. This tire is a Michelin pilot about worn down center due to me commuting to work. 1800 miles on this rear in this picture. Going t30 Evo and see how it last. I'm not talking it I see no reason to buy sticky tires.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
T30 Evo 190/55/17 I'll post a new thread on review when I get some miles on them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts