Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #25 ·
Well....I finally did it haha....I finally got the balls to say screw it and just try some clutch wheelies in an open parking lot tonight. When I actually got the wheel off the ground about 2 feet I was laughing and had the biggest rush/smile on my face...
I did it for about 20 minutes maybe just going around and trying over and over...getting down the clutch let go time to ratio of throttle needed was a little difficult to get used to. I did sit downs because I tried doing the standup with right foot on brake rest and left foot on passenger peg and I felt like I kept wobbling just trying to stand up...:/ I over throttled it once and had the bike at about 1 o clock about crapped my pants but managed to put the wheel down and not drop it. Hopefully ill get better at it :/

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Lol inked. Yeah when I over throttled it and it was at 1 o clock I had a moment of panic and my foot almost went off the brake. Was a bit intense. Do y'all find it easier to do sit down or stand up wheelies?

IMO stand ups are easier because you can see/control the bike better. Lowering your tire pressure will make your stand ups a lot easier as well. Staggered stand ups are the easiest stand up, left foot on passenger peg right foot on front peg. You have a 1000cc bike so you can also do power wheelies as well. 2nd gear and 3rd gear you can bounce the bike up easy in between 6k and 8k. I find it easier to do power wheelies but thats just me.

Practiced for a good 40-60mins today. Getting a little better still can't seem to keep the wheel up for more than just a quick up 2-3 ft then right back down. Hopefully ill get better. Hard to find areas to practice. :/

You'll get it down, bro. Just push it a little more each time; practice is the only way.

I practice twice a day typically; On a side street leaving my house and on the same side street returning :lol: the rest of the streets are congested with cages.

I disagree and so does jason britton:wink::mrgreen:
I haven't seen him ride in a while but I don't remember the last time I had seen him ride on low pressure. I'll ask Eric Hoenshell, Nick Apex, Bill Dixon, and Guru and see who out of them ride aired down. I know last time I brought it up to Darius Khashabi he laughed and said that was the thing to do in like 2002.

You might want to get in touch with Sick Innovations, Racing 905, or Freestyle Ingenuity and ask them if they are planning on making one for the bike. I know when I ordered from Racing 905 they were made to order so they might make you one but I'm not sure how much extra that would be. If you know anyone that's good with fabricating then have them build you one and you're good to go.

I am seriously struggling to find a crash cage or something to protect my 08 zx10r when doing wheelies. Any suggestions?

Here's something to consider: it sounds like you really want to learn to wheelie and wheelie a lot. Consider buying a cheap 600 to practice on and save your 10 for when you're comfortable. I don't believe the cages are all that practical for hard riding. I think you might be better off having 2 bikes; a cheap 600 you can scratch and layover along with your G3.

Just something to consider :thumbsup:

Practiced for a good 40-60mins today. Getting a little better still can't seem to keep the wheel up for more than just a quick up 2-3 ft then right back down. Hopefully ill get better. Hard to find areas to practice. :/

Need more throttle. Or you may be backing off the throttle a bit too much/quickly.

Takes a while to get it "fine tuned", but you'll get there. I'm finally to the point where I can keep it up for ~5 seconds :crackup:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.