Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Barry Sheene Parade Lap at Silverstone MotoGP 2016

Made it out to MotoGP at Silverstone yesterday and had a great time watching the races. On the way in and out the roads were consumed with masses of motorcycles as expected. Fun times.

The Barry Sheene Parade Ride was very cool and seeing all his 2 strokes ridden by former racers was something special. I got lucky that the parade and rider interviews took place right in front of where I was sitting on the starting grid.

Riding bikes on track were Paul Smart, Freddie Sheene, Graham Crosby, Wil Hartog, Wayne Gardner, Simon Crafar, Colin Edwards, **** Doohan, Naill Mackenzie, Randy Mamola, Steve Baker and Stan Woods. I hope I have all the names correct and accounted for. There's some serious racing credentials in this lineup of riders. Being in the presence of so much racing history was a great experience.

I recall watching No.7 Barry Sheene on TV as a young child and was in awe at how fast a motorcycle could go and the attraction it got from fans all over the world. I didn't know at the time that I was already hooked and would go on to enjoy riding motorcycles and make some great friends with the people who ride them.

Barry Sheene Parade Lap at Silverstone MotoGP 2016

Love the 2 Strokes!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was in that mass of bikes! I rode from Dublin and spent Saturday and Sunday at the track. It was a great weekend. Can't imagine going in a car though. I overheard someone say it took an hour and a half to get from their parking spot to the highway, which is just under a mile away. I believe it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts