Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO i have been looking and lookin and looking for a cool looking GP style pipe.
And what i have found for the person on a strapped budget are...

1) Area P Slash
http://www.areapnolimits.com/products/Slip-On-Exhaust-Kawasaki-ZX-10R-2004.php

2) Barracuda's Twin can Extreme (Duplex)

Look Half Way down the page there is a vid clip of an 06-07 with the pipe

http://www.smfcycles.com/Barracuda.html

Now I have a guy here locally that purchased The Area P Xlash and DAMN is it loud!!

And i havent had any feedback or found any on the Barracuda pipe... but i like it alot. and it has a lower tone than the Area P (which is what im lookin for.)

Has anyone heard good thing s about these guys? I called SMF Cycles to day and spoke with the owner. Product is Fab'd in Germany and they order them in lots of 12. He says they usually sell out with in a week or so of them getting through customs and stuff.

I really like it... Does any one have one? If so... Thoughts?

Which one should i get? there is a big price difference between the two.

Area P is 149.99 + Ship (35.00)

Barracuda is 5??.99 + Ship (35.00) Cant remember the price quote from earlier.

Based on those numbers the choice comes to weather or not i want to pay for the "twin" look over the single slash...

I know Area P is a great company i have spoken with them on multiple occassions reguarding the slash cut slip on.
But know nothing of this Barracuda Company.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I vote Area P but I do like the Barracuda too. I'll be ordering the Area P for a buddy's 08 6R here this week sometime.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If my '05 wasn't defective, I was going to go with the Area P slash. I wish they'd make something like that for the '06.

I don't get the two pipes thing on the Barracuda. I think it would look great with a single exit. I mean, once you join your pipes into 1, why split them again? That's the one complaint I have about the '06-'07 generation. It just seems like they added unnecessary weight.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i own the slash cut. i prefer my akra hex. you lose hp over the stock exhaust and its noticeable. loud, very. id say at least 120dp. it is a sexy pipe and sleek but ask anyone whos owned a boz, the shit gets annoying. you will enjoy scaring the shit outta people when you pull up on them ;)

the barracuda seems to be the better choice overall to include performance. i like seeing it on the second gen more so than the first.

if you wanna see more images check them out in my gallery.

oh and personally, i felt the pipe stuck out a bit so i broadened the angle or the slash.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
The Area P looks HOT!!!:love10: And seems to be a good price. Not sure if I wanna deal with the loud roar all the time and don't wanna draw anymore attention to myself on big orange.

·
Registered
228 Posts
There are several threads about the barracuda exhaust. Even a thread on how to install. Usually the negative replies are from those that have not even seen it in person. It's not all that loud. It does seem loud at start up, but when the bike warms up, it's very mild at idle. On the go, it sounds awesome without being obnoxios. A civic with a fart can will drown you out. As far as looks, I say to each his own...& I'll leave it at that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts