Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Check the gallery someone from here just got one. I would go for the muzzy GP,no one has it,looks nice and you'll be one of the few with it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I sent Barracuda and Muzzy some inquiry regarding there exhaust...but haven't heard anything back fromt hem yet...

If you don't track your bike it might not be an issu...but if you do...try finding out what noise level they put out... there is systematic sound level testing bike at most track now...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I sent Barracuda and Muzzy some inquiry regarding there exhaust...but haven't heard anything back fromt hem yet...

If you don't track your bike it might not be an issu...but if you do...try finding out what noise level they put out... there is systematic sound level testing bike at most track now...
I got a reply yesterday. It's only a slip on and a full system will not be available any time soon...

That's why I have dropped it. It they would have had the Megacone Moto GP in full system, I'd have bought it immediately!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I had a midpipe and a Y made with the Barracuda pipes and it worked just like a full system. Not much money though.

I just cant post pics, maybe somebody can do it. Or you can see in my images.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
most gp style cans are going to be loud. if you are using the bike for the street, may want to reconsider your options. I currently have the Boz and only use my bike solely for the track.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
most gp style cans are going to be loud. if you are using the bike for the street, may want to reconsider your options. I currently have the Boz and only use my bike solely for the track.
Actually I beleive that it's not such a big problem for the street...unless you ridfe downtown....they won't bother you much....but if you track it...then it becomes an issu...2 of the 3 clossest track from me have adopted noise level limits...and it is checked systematically before your bike is allowed on the track...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I got a reply yesterday. It's only a slip on and a full system will not be available any time soon...

That's why I have dropped it. It they would have had the Megacone Moto GP in full system, I'd have bought it immediately!
If you gut your cat or get a Y pipe custom made ...It might be pretty close to a full system....

I didn't get a reply because I asked them to confirm they would be accepted a the track since they recommend it for race aopplication only (Muzzy)....there answer...or lack of speeks volume....

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes my bike is mostly for the street. I do plan on tracking it though as much as possible. I really do not want an undertail exhaust, it cleans the bike soooo much. I wish we had more options. If I could find a titanium system in MotoGP style Id buy it. I am trying to convince Muzzy to piece together a Muzzy GP in full titanium.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yes my bike is mostly for the street. I do plan on tracking it though as much as possible. I really do not want an undertail exhaust, it cleans the bike soooo much. I wish we had more options. If I could find a titanium system in MotoGP style Id buy it. I am trying to convince Muzzy to piece together a Muzzy GP in full titanium.
I'm with you on that one...but as far as I'm concerned...until I find one that will respect noise levels for tracks I will find somewhere else to spend my $$$

I wont stop searching for one however ...

And it's all CMG's fault... he got me :drool: with his bike

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you gut your cat or get a Y pipe custom made ...It might be pretty close to a full system....

I didn't get a reply because I asked them to confirm they would be accepted a the track since they recommend it for race aopplication only (Muzzy)....there answer...or lack of speeks volume....
Well actually I was talking to a Kawa buddy of mine yesterday evening for quite a while and this is actually what I have decided to go with.

Today I have ordered this: http://www.speedpro.de/cobra/kawa/4275mgp/index.html (I prefere this one to the double GP pype).

And afterwards I'll just put in this: http://cgi.ebay.de/ARROW-KATERSATZR...1QQcmdZViewItem

with an aftermarket air-filter. An that will be it. No need for full system, PCIII, custom mapping, etc... This bike will only be used on the street so there is plenty of power!

On my race-bike I have a full titanium Leovince Moto GP system, PC III, K&S Race filter, custom mapping, engine tuning, bla, bla, bla,... but for this street-only bike I am going with the barracuda.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did it pass sound test?...what were the numbers
Yes, actually I ride it 2 ways:

1. on tracks without db-limit (for instance I sometimes ride Francorchamps here in Belgium): open, loud and hard!! :cool:

2. on the track I ride most: Zolder in Belgium, there is a db-limit op 95db and it is measured on the track where 2 sound meters are placed. 2 infractions means you track day is over...

A usual track day will have 7 sessions of 20 minutes.

I start out with the Leovince with db-killer. If I get an infraction (which is likely, but not sure) I have a standard ZX10 muffler with me which I put on.

With the Standard muffler there is no issue.

What ever happened. During the 7th session I just hit it with the Leovinci muffler. If I then get a black flag I just ignore it as the day is over anyways after that session...:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well actually I was talking to a Kawa buddy of mine yesterday evening for quite a while and this is actually what I have decided to go with.

Today I have ordered this: http://www.speedpro.de/cobra/kawa/4275mgp/index.html (I prefere this one to the double GP pype).

And afterwards I'll just put in this: http://cgi.ebay.de/ARROW-KATERSATZR...1QQcmdZViewItem

with an aftermarket air-filter. An that will be it. No need for full system, PCIII, custom mapping, etc... This bike will only be used on the street so there is plenty of power!

On my race-bike I have a full titanium Leovince Moto GP system, PC III, K&S Race filter, custom mapping, engine tuning, bla, bla, bla,... but for this street-only bike I am going with the barracuda.
I browsed the Leovince website and could not find a Moto GP style exhaust. Can you give me a link to find/view it?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts